Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DB Crash and restore

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thehighlinegallery's Items on eBay

DB Crash and restore

Hello all.

As you may have noticed, we have had some problem with the forums and the DB today.

While we were creating a copy of the forum's DB to another DB, because of the high activity in the forums, the server crashed, corrupting the post table. We tried rebuilding it, but it seems like there was not much we could do, even though we have been trying for hours.

We had to restore a backup copy of the DB, done a few hours ago (about 8 hours from the crash). This means that posts done recently are lost. My colleague is trying to recuperate the lost posts from the corrupted DB, but I cannot guarantee its success.

We apologize sincerely to the community, as we should have foreseen this before it happened.

Please report any issues you may have in this thread.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rookie_dealer's Items on eBay

I am having a hard time getting scf to load. All other sites are fine but SCF could be me but it has never been like this. Just letting you know.

Dave

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, I see a lot of people connecting at the same time, probably because they were trying to load the server during the timeframe in which it was not available. Google is also browsing the forums aggressively. Things should progressively go back to normal.

There was a huge jump in visitors while we were copying the DB, and it is still effecting the server.

We are investigating the issue.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    (263) The Bench
    Country
    Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox New England Patriots
    See c.j.sportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I know you are trying to recoup the lost posts but will you also try restoring the PM's. I am missing a bunch from today.
    Thanks,
    cj
    Collecting: Baseball HOFers Will look at Baseball tradelists for other wants
    Football: Josh Allen, Burrow, Hurts, Trevor Lawrence, Mahomes
    Hockey: Cam Neely PC Wants
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes we know, the PM table was damaged as well, I am really sorry. Basically, many tables with heavy read/write operations collapsed. How many PMs did you lose?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    (263) The Bench
    Country
    Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox New England Patriots
    See c.j.sportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Yes we know, the PM table was damaged as well, I am really sorry. Basically, many tables with heavy read/write operations collapsed. How many PMs did you lose?

My total count says 14 but I only have 6 (3-inbox 3-sent).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for reporting this.

We have setup an emergency e-mail at [email protected], which will remain active throughout the upgrade to vB 3.7.0. If you spot more issues let us know at that e-mail address, so that your message will bypass other clients' issue and reach immediately the tech.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pugscards23's Items on eBay

i have a problem with my pm's it says i have 2 new but when i go to check them it doesent show them but it keeps flashing saying i have them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

not sure if they are permenantly lost but I lost 3-4 pm's today. Didn't know if you were wanting that kind of info. Not complaining or anything. Thanks for all of your work guys!! I know it is a thankless job.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

i had this show up when i viewed my profile
    Warning: Division by zero in /includes/functions.php on line 2114

Warning: Division by zero in /includes/functions.php on line 2162

also it doesnt show any person on my buddy list either, and my recent posts arent on my profile
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast