Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

SCF's 9th Birthday All-Sports Contest - Football

March 3rd, 2012, is the 9th birthday of Sports Card Forum, and everybody is invited to the party!

As a special thank you to the people who are responsible for SCF’s amazing growth over the years—that’s you, our amazing members!—we have a special contest that is going to run in each sport’s Contest Forum with an awesome prize in each section to be given away! That’s right – it’s our party and we’re bringing you the presents!

Here is the contest:

Tell us your favourite card acquired here at Sports Card Forum. This can be a card you acquired via a trade, a sale, a card cash purchase, a pack sale, or a staff-sponsored group break, as long as you got the card from someone, somehow, via SCF we want to see it and we want to know why it is your absolute favourite card. The “SCF Experience” is something that we value very highly, as we want all of our members to consider SCF the best site online for all their hobby needs. Share with us the card, the photo, and the story and you can win a great prize.

Here is an example of how your entry could go. There's no "right" or "wrong" way to do this, just go with what feels best for you!

A couple of years ago, doniceage hosted a group case break that featured 2007-08 ITG O Canada and 2006-07 ITG Between The Pipes. I very rarely participate in group breaks, but these two products have a lot of cards of my favourite player (Carey Price) in them that spotlight his early years as a hockey player. It’s so tough to find his Tri-City Americans or Team Canada stuff, and with a case of each being broken, and with a bit of good luck on the draft position, I thought that maybe I could end up grabbing some rare items for my PC. The draft positions were announced and I ended up with the #4 spot in O Canada and the #8 spot in Between The Pipes. I thought to myself that this would end up working out all right – there’s enough great cards that could potentially be pulled that any Price stuff would slide down to me. Then Don posted the videos of the breaks – in the 7th box of O Canada out popped a Carey Price Complete Jersey. As Don said, “Get happy folks!” This was far and away the best card out of the break and there was no way I could let it go to someone else, so I got in touch with the fellow who had the #1 overall pick. I gave him all of my picks in both drafts plus some other cards to secure that #1 position. No matter what else was in the breaks, I simply had to have the Price Complete Jersey. The deal was agreed to and to this day this is the card that remains my favourite card acquired here at SCF. And really, how could it not be? Just take a look at this gem!

So now that you have an idea of what to do, what are the prizes? SCF has spared no expense and dug deep into the prize vault for each sport. Here is what we have available for each sport:

Football – 2011 Limited Rookie Jumbo Jersey Numbers #34 DeMarco Murray

Baseball – 2011 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs 172 Brandon Belt Autograph

Hockey – 2010-11 Panini Dominion Private Signings #MR Manon Rheaume Autograph

Basketball –2010-11 Elite Black Box The Rookies #3 DeMarcus Cousins 3-color Patch (27/99)

Racing –2011 Press Pass Legends Pacing The Field PFABE Bill Elliott Autograph (16/40)

MMA – 2009 UFC Round 1 Autograph Michael Bisping - A-MB

Wrestling – 4000CC that can be used to purchase any card(s) from the CC Store
    The contest period will run until Saturday, March 10th at which time the staff from each sport will vote on the best submissions. The winner in each sport will receive the prize listed above. Runners-up, we have something for you too! The member who comes in 2nd place in each sport’s voting will receive 1,000CC.

In addition to your submission, we also have the following requirements for contest entry:
    1. Please Digg The SCF Birthday Contest here: OFFICIAL DIGG LINK
    2. Please enter into at least one transaction on SCF during the contest period. This can be any deal that is eligible to be posted in the Trade Manager except for CC-for-Paypal deals. We want to see an actual transaction involving cards! You do not have to complete the deal, as we all know that the mail system cannot always deliver – we just want you to be active in trading, buying, or selling.
    3. You must be a member in good standing. This means no major infractions on your account in the past 30 days; no suspensions: if you have been suspended from SCF for rule violations during the past 30 days, you are disqualified from participating; no negative feedback for the past 30 days prior to the beginning of the contest - any negative feedback received will be investigated by the SCF Dispute Team.
    4. Due to the voting requirements for staff on best break, SCF Staff are not eligible to participate in this contest.
    5. You may enter into each sport’s contest once! You may enter a unique submission in any or all of the sports you wish, but you must have a unique story for each sport – you cannot simply copy and paste the story and substitute a sport-appropriate card. Multiple submissions in a single sport (i.e. Baseball) will result in disqualification from that sport’s contest as well as any others you have entered.

Once again, a big thank you to all of SCF’s valued members that have helped make this the very best online trading community! We look forward to your entries!
    Last edited by RGM81; 03-03-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New England Patriots New York Yankees
    See tones2011's Items on eBay

I have recently joined SCF within the last month. Since my arrival here, I have met some really cool people and I seem to be fitting in quiet well. I enjoyed myself by making trades (currently on my 4th!), attempting to count as high as possible only to have a staff member kick us right back down to the bottom, and spend time sharing my collections with others as well as viewing theirs. I tell you, having people from all around to world collecting sports cards, you really get to see the massive amounts of different cards, and some of them are quiet amazing. After being scammed on youtube once, i was a bit skeptical when I had come to find out that i was required to sent my card first in a trade. I understood that it made sense because I was new, and it made me a lot krow comfortable when I saw you had a very, well thought out system on how trades will go down. Recording all of the cards that were trades, the dates of shipment, as well as a provided tracking number. I was looking around on the site and I cam across a seller by the name of nomar5117.

Nomar5117 had an amazing collection of football cards, and since i PC quarterbacks, I was really happy when i saw his Matt Ryan/Matt Stafford/Mark Sanchez triple jersey for trade. I really wanted the card so i through a lenard hankerson jersey/auto into the mix. After we started the trade, I came to find out that he only lived about an hour and a half from me! On top of that, if i didn't have to work on a certain sunday, I would have gone to a sports card show in his town where we could have met up. Goes to show how small of a world it is.

Here is the card i got in the trade:

Link to completed trade:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/trade...show&id=374664
    Link to trades I've confirmed since the start of the contest:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/trade...show&id=376682

So far, I have enjoyed myself very much here on SCF. I am hoping to get many trades in the future as well as meet some new people. Who knows, maybe I will end up meeting some people here. Maybe there are people here that i already know. All i know is there are terrific experiences waiting here for me and I am glad to me apart of its 9th year. Happy Birthday, SCF!

- Anthony

P.S. My Digg Name is "PatsFan11"
    Last edited by Anthony; 03-10-2012 at 12:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jdio113's Items on eBay

First off, I would like to say thanks for the opportunity to participate in this contest. I have been a member of SCF for 5 years and I have enjoyed everyday on here. Here is my story:

Back in 2009, I was just starting to collect Hall of Fame Running Backs. I have a few lower end ones, but I was looking for something really nice to add to my collection. The guy I was looking for was Walter "Sweetness" Payton. I wanted an auto of his because he was such a great player and an even better person off the field. I was searching or one for awhile, and I finally found one. SCF member htwheelz01 had an awesome National Treasures Cut autograph #/34 available for trade. We talked trade for a few days and we were finally able to work out a trade. I gave up a few nice cards for it (Maurice Drew SP Authentic rookie patch auto, Matt Ryan rookie dual patch auto, etc). Here is the scan:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...utAutoScan.jpg
    2007 National Treasures Walter Payton Cut Autograph #20/34

To this day, it remains my favorite card I have acquired here on SCF and my favorite card in my entire collection.

Thank you again for the contest!

My Digg name is the same as my username here, jdio13.

Trade link:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/trade...show&id=376899

Jason
    Last edited by jdio13; 03-04-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Guys, please make sure to confirm with your Digg ID and don't forget to edit your post with a confirmed SCF trade. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New England Patriots New York Yankees
    See tones2011's Items on eBay

Guys, please make sure to confirm with your Digg ID and don't forget to edit your post with a confirmed SCF trade. :)

ohh thanks for the heads up, edited and updated :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

I was looking to move some of my extra base cards. I came across someone who was trading for Patriots. Well I had a lot of Tedy Bruschi, Tom Brady and Deion Branch plus a bunch of other Patriots. I ended up getting traded in my favor and one of the cards was this:2010 Absolute Memorabilia Spectrum Silver #41 Dallas Clark Attributes: 09/50

I had always thought he was a great player, but never had the chance to get any cards of him, so when the chance to get this card came up I jumped on it. I don't collect football that much but will trade whenever I can for cards of stuff I like.

DIGG ID: mws1984

Trade Link:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/trade...show&id=376406
    Last edited by roaddogg02316; 03-04-2012 at 11:54 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gingersportscards1946's Items on eBay

couple years back ,a quick sale thread had this for sale for a fairly cheap price ,I responded thinking I would be to late as nice as it was and for the price $40 so I bought it turns out to be one of my Favorite cards on one of my favorite players

SCF for me has been the best place ever and I have met and made many good friends here , the quality of traders is the best , The Staff and Site has been the best also , I am sure countless hours are and have been put in to this site running like clockwork and for all of us to enjoy and use ,Thank You SCF ,one extremely happy member here !!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've acquired thousands of cards during my 7 years at SCF. I've picked up a lot of gu and a lot of autos. But very few of them have been numbered to 10 or less. I felt I got a great deal on the card. I had busted a box of 08 prestige and was able to work out a trade/cash deal. Griffin is my favorite DB to come out of Texas and what makes this card perfect is that it is numbered to 10, first one made, and in Longhorns uniform!

Here is the trade link to the trade I made for my favorite card.

Here is the trade link to a deal made during the contest.

I dugg it as akassiri

Last edited by RenegadeLonghorn; 03-10-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just a reminder that today is the last day to enter into the contest!

If you have not already done so, please confirm that you have Digg'd the thread by posting your Digg ID and also post your confirmed Trade Manager deal. If these two things are not done your entry is not valid and you are not eligible to win this awesome card!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just a reminder that today is the last day to enter into the contest!

If you have not already done so, please confirm that you have Digg'd the thread by posting your Digg ID and also post your confirmed Trade Manager deal. If these two things are not done your entry is not valid and you are not eligible to win this awesome card!

Is this the deal involving our favorite card or any deal during SCF's birthday week?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast