Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Biggest Box of Cards you got Hosed on

For me it was it was several boxes from the 1997 - 98 Finest Set. I bought two boxes from series one off of Ebay for about $40 apiece and one from the second series for about $30. I really wanted to get a McGrady and Duncan RC from one of the higher priced sets during that time. Low and behold, I in fact got no Duncan or McGrady RCs out of TWO boxes!!! Thankfully, I was still able to pull an overabundance of Paul Grant, Johnny Taylor, and John Thomas RCs. Just when you think it couldn't get worse than that, the three Gold cards I pulled from the box were Kerry Kittles, Shawn Bradley, and null, meaning one box didn't even have a Gold card in it like it should have. Nor did I even get a Michael Jordan regular card for the first series (out of TWO boxes!). What did I pull? My top three, value-wise at least, was an Eddie Jones Silver Refractor ($12), a John Stockton Refractor ($10), and sadly, the Kerry Kittles Gold card ($12).

Also, did I forget to mention that I had to wait almost two months for the two boxes from the first series to come in? The guy I bought them from just would not send them to me. It wasn't until I threatened legal action that he sent them and even then it took a couple weeks. So imagine feeling horrible that you spent $80+ on two boxes of cards that you might never get, then feeling overjoyed when they finally do arrive, only get the worst two boxes you have ever bought. Worst. Boxes. Ever.

SCF Rewards

Damn, I feel your pain man! I have been exactly in the same position as you. But, just when I get down, the next box seems to make up for it with some extra stuff...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Mine would have to be in baseball...2003 Topps Opening Day...

I saw the box, not realizing it was a retail box and bought it...cost almost $40....well I did get to complete the set...BV $40...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't think I've ever opened a box since the Finest that the magnitude of good cards equaled the plethora of crap I received from those three boxes. Although, I did once buy a pack of 2001 - 02 Fleer Premium and got two Solid Performers JSY cards out of it (Brand and Marion) and recently Topps sent me my Jersey Edition redemptions for Kidd and Parker and Kidd turned out to be a Black parallel, so maybe my basketball card karma is being restored gradually.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yoda5's Items on eBay

Originally posted by LeChuck
    I don't think I've ever opened a box since the Finest that the magnitude of good cards equaled the plethora of crap I received from those three boxes. Although, I did once buy a pack of 2001 - 02 Fleer Premium and got two Solid Performers JSY cards out of it (Brand and Marion) and recently Topps sent me my Jersey Edition redemptions for Kidd and Parker and Kidd turned out to be a Black parallel, so maybe my basketball card karma is being restored gradually.

Just curious, how long did it take for your Topps Jersey Edition redemptions to get back to you. I have been waiting since March.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't recall exactly when I purchased my box but I believe it was around March, maybe early April. I sent in the redemption card right away and just got them in the mail last week. My brother also purchased a box at the same time and got the Pierce/Allen redemption, but he hasn't gotten his yet even though we both sent them in at the same time. Hopefully yours will come soon. What surprised me was that Topps used a 2000 - 01 Topps Heritage pack as part of the packing. That was a nice little bonus even though I didn't get anything worth mentioning. That was the first thing I'd ever redeemed from Topps. Do they usually pack their stuff with old Topps packs?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yoda5's Items on eBay

This was the first thing i have ever redeemed from them also. I don't understand how it can take this long.

SCF Rewards
    See petermarano's Items on eBay

you never know....topps is usually better then UD but all three major companies take forever with redemptions....

SCF Rewards
    Country

i havnt bought enough boxes yet i have only gotten like 4 i havnt gotten hosed yet