Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cindy Sheehan: Barack Obama similar to George W. Bush

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...10.html?hp=l11

Sheehan tells POLITICO in an email that, if the president claims to have had a strong term with regards to foreign policy, she’s not going to buy it.

“The occupation [in Iraq] continues to this day with tens of thousands of independent contractors and thousands of other civilian employees staffing the enormous embassy and consulates around the country. But, the above are inconvenient facts that we are supposed to forget so we can triumphantly trumpet: ‘Vote for Obama, he ended the war in Iraq.’ And of course the violence there continues in a big struggle for political, social and religious power after the vacuum left by the U.S. invasion and occupation and resulting devastation. As for Afghanistan, more U.S. troops and civilians have been killed there in Obama’s escalation and I have been very active against his huge expansion of the usage of unmanned aerial vehicles and resultant 98 percent civilian casualty rate.”

“[Mitt] Romney and [Barack] Obama have essentially the same views with very few differences and whoever wins in November will fail the 99 percent and be able servants of the 1 percent,” she said. “During the first debate, Obama wore a blue tie and Romney wore a red tie — the only noticeable difference. So I call them the Blue Tie Scoundrel and the Red Tie Scoundrel … Romney, is in reality, a moderate Republican and Obama is in reality a centrist Democrat (leaning right on defense), so, although Obama has been a failure in my view, I am not willing to give his Red Tie counterpart a chance either!”

“As to the issue of war and peace — he has not been an improvement over Bush. The health care ‘reform’ was just another corporate giveaway and written by the industries that profit. Obama has expanded oil leases and been a failure regarding the environment — he is pushing charter schools and set up traditional schools to fail. Of course on the jobs’ front, Obama has been a dismal failure and many very progressive steps need to be taken to get us out of that hole, but I am afraid Obama will not take them,” she said.

“I see Obama as another able servant of the 1 percent despite some rhetorical nods to issues that I care about (mostly for votes). I was giving a talk the other day and I said that I ALMOST feel sorry for George Bush — there was so much hatred and invective flung at him (I know, I was guilty of this, too), but he must notice that Obama is continuing most of his policies and has been even congratulated by Dick Cheney, for example, and he must be wondering where’s the call from the left for Obama’s impeachment or trial for crimes against humanity. To my credit, I have been calling for these things for Obama as hard as I did with Bush.”

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

That lady is a nut.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well, we agree on something at least.

SCF Rewards
    Country

She may be a nut but at least she is consistent and actually cares about the issues instead of pretending to care about the issues like most people do just to gain some bogus superiority over others.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

It's nice to see someone standing by their convictions... wish republicans would do that

She also isn't a "nut".. she's a heart broken mother that turned the death of her son into a crusade against war in general. I commend her for it.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Anyone who says Obama is the same as Bush isn't firing on all cylinders.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone who says Obama is the same as Bush isn't firing on all cylinders.

He hasn't closed gitmo and is continuing the use of the patriot act.. 2 things I am personally very much against. Under current US law a person can be "detained" forever and not be told why.. just because someone said so. That is not freedom.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

He hasn't closed gitmo and is continuing the use of the patriot act.. 2 things I am personally very much against. Under current US law a person can be "detained" forever and not be told why.. just because someone said so. That is not freedom.

I stand by my statement. Anyone. Even you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I stand by my statement. Anyone. Even you.

So if Canadian law was amended so that you could be held as an "enemy combatant" for the rest of your life without trial or justification.. that would be ok with you? Obama could end this with the stroke of his pen.. it's one of the very few things I have disagreed with him on.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So if Canadian law was amended so that you could be held as an "enemy combatant" for the rest of your life without trial or justification.. that would be ok with you? Obama could end this with the stroke of his pen.. it's one of the very few things I have disagreed with him on.

No. I'm saying anyone who thinks Obama and Bush are at all similar people is nuts. I said nothing about any of what you just said. That's another marker of insanity...

And look for Obama to close Gitmo in his second term.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast