Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Need Some Advice

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stublem84's Items on eBay

Need Some Advice

I have a Henrik Zetterberg 2002-03 Topps Chrome Refractors RC with a BV of $50.

I am thinking of selling it now while I can guarantee that much in return for it.

For those of you that know hockey do you think its a good idea? I know that he's going to go on to become a big time player so should I hold on to it to see if it goes up or do you think its at its peak right now?

This isn't the exact card its just the regular chrome.

If I was you I would try to get the money out of it now.

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

That's a sweet looking card, congrats! In my opinion, you should sell at the height of his popularity to guarantee you a return. Take profits now!

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah thanks guys thats what I thought. I just have a feeling that he's gonna have a big season and since hockey was gonna be starting up again soon there would be more interest.

SCF Rewards

I do not think you will get 50.00 for it though as I have been watching some of his Atomic true RC that book at 40-50 dollars going for 10.00

but hope ya get as close as ya can to 50

SCF Rewards
    Country

If all you are concerned about is getting money for a card, I would say always sell when a player is hot. I know nothing about hockey, so I am not the player expert, but if you wait and the player does not preform, the value will go down, or if you wait until the player retires, it will also go down in not nec book value, but what it will be worth in actual auction dollars. Look at what happened to Barry Sanders when he retired. When players retire, or have their career shortened by injury, their book value may stay the same, but people lose interest.

If you are collecting because you like the player, just keep what you like.

SCF Rewards

Cash is KING!

1986 Donruss Canseco was once going for almost $100

now, you can get it for about $5 or therabouts.

who'd have thought Canseco would be nothing more than a common jerk?

See blah's Items on eBay

and a juicer

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I've never sold a card before cuz I usually keep all my cards.If I did sell it for top dollar I'd put the money towards a box probably anyways.

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

I may buy the card from you if you are looking to sell it. Please let me know, it's a great looking card.

Tim