Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

Phew been about 6 weeks since my last big update. Got Some nice new stuff to post about. Yes yes i know what you guys are thinking. I have gone over the limit and reached the Number of cards needed to become a super collector... BUT I still have to make a few more posts and take pics with all my NY Jets merch and gear to truly meet the conditions of a Team Super collector!

I see no one really cared about my custom McCown card lol i guess i cant blame you I think its cool though :)

So I have been a bit gun shy to post this update i suppose because once i reach the goal whats left...? The posts needed will come and the pics with the gear I am going to get next Saturday and posted in this thread. I guess once that happens I am in the big Club.

For any of you guys that follow me on Flickr this will be nothing new because i have been keep that up to day with new additions every other weekish. All my new cards can be seen here https://www.flickr.com/photos/jetnamath/ give me a follow fellas and leave a like it will make ya boii feel good <3

dear God I have really fallen behind, well here it goes hope you guys enjoy

The amount of great cards i am posting all at once will not do each of them justice individually. I can proudly say that I certainly did not limp my way into the Hall of Fame. I came in with a full on sprint!
    Last edited by Capt Forest; 11-25-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    Check out my Collection!
    Hidden Content
    if the offer is right I will deal anything
    I am a collector of the New York JetsHidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

So a few weeks back I found this lot on ebay going for auction. It had like 3 hours or less when i came across it with no bidders and no watchers. The lot had an opening bid of $60, it was for 3000+ NY Jets cards. So I thought to my self what the hell and placed the opening $60 bid not really knowing or caring that much if i would win or lose. for $60 bucks thats like a .02 cents per card break down. Why not bid.

Couple hours go by and what do you know i am now the new owner of over 3k NY Jets cards. Some of you might have even seen the lots going on ebay. It was an old collector having his stuff broken down into massive team lots and sold. 3k cards.png

It did not come with anything high end. I am still sorting all the cards out i finished all the stuff from the 80s and 90s just need to get through the 00s and 10s. I like to keep my collection in binders so i will have to drop about $100 on just collector albums to get all my lose stuff organized the way i like it. I will also get a final count and update my numbers once i have them all bindered up. We will see how many cards I actually added to the collection.

The lot did come with a bunch of hard signed cards. I will use this post to get them all displayed for you guys.

EDIT: So on dec 12th 2018 i finally finished counting and sorting all the cards. That box added 3117 NY Jets cards to my collection. It took me weeks to sort them all but I Just finished today. Great feeling. I broke them down by decade then each decade into 3 piles. Then I broke each 3 or 4 year pile down into year. Once I had each card broken down by the year it was printed I broke them down to set and put them all into Collectors Albums. It was a decent amount of work but i feel very satisfied with it.
    Last edited by Capt Forest; 12-23-2018 at 09:58 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

2 weeks ago I went to a card show and picked up some vintage NY Jets stuff. I got a decent price on the lot. Even got a Namath which might be in gradable shape from 69' and a couple tall boys from 65'

Between the 3 posts i just made, I have added 96 total cards to the collection. 85 of which were towards the final 191 autos and patches I needed to get in the Super Collector Hall of Fame. Before this update I was 9 cards short of the 1500 cards I needed. Safe to say I am no longer short :)
    Last edited by Capt Forest; 11-25-2018 at 08:40 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

I finally got my Austin Safrian Jenkins auto. I had to make a custom to get him in a Jets uni but this one looks good! Its a nice 2017 or 6 score green base card and a real cheap auto i picked up from comc of his rookie year with the bucs. Check out the successful surgery I performed to make it happen :)

Before:

After:
    The most memorable moment from his time with the Jets came in 2017 when the Jet were on the verge of beating the Pats and the refs took away his td and gave the game away. He was only a New York Jet for one season but he played well for the Jets. Jets let him walk over very little money but NY had a rookie in the pipe line in Leggett that is a fine young player and then the Jets went out and Drafted the stud TE from the U Chris Herndon.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

Christmas update :)
    I hope everyone had a pleasant Christmas. I have been working hard on cataloging and sorting my cards over the last week. Here are my New additions for December which include my comc haul too. This one is gonna be good.

y

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

This is the continuation of my December Haul and the Comc stuff

This was a pretty wild update. I am ecstatic about Sam Darnold and his past 3 games. I really hope he finishes the season strong vs NE. I know the prices of his cards will go up if he ends the season on a high note. They should level out during the off season. I really just want to get the Darnold cracked ice auto. On Christmas day (today) I just pumped another 70 into some lower price patches and autos on comc that went on sale. I refilled my comc watch list after going through over 50 pages of patches and autos. So i will work on buying all that stuff a bit at a time. Sometimes I think to myself i need to slow it down but searching for cards and then coming across a sick Jet patch or auto is a really good feeling and winning it or striking a deal on comc makes me happy. I guess you could call it shopping therapy. I am doing well at work and it shows in my collecting. As always thank you guys for following along with me :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

New year new update! Got some nice stuff here. Check it out let me know what you think

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

I am going to make a few smaller updates this week here is the first

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Some very nice additions over the past month congrats. I think I still have some Jets stuff if you want to check out my post in the buying/selling section, thanks. Daniel

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Sweet additions just in the last few months and thanks for sharing!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast