Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Basketball Beckett Hot List From June 2000

I remember this when Vince Carter was absolutely on fire but find it kind of weird that they still have a Steve Francis SPX autograph rookie ahead of him on the list. I know for a time Francis was hot and the SPX set was really popular at the time but I can't imagine anybody at that time was taking anything of Steve Francis over Vince Carter.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Ha, yeah, seems hard to believe. I guess it was because he had just won Rookie of the Year, but Carter had just won the dunk contest, so...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I had several AU RCs from 99-00 SPx at that time. A few of them (Francis, Baron Davis, Andre Miller, Maggette, and Szczerbiak) were numbered out of 500, when all the others were out of 2500 or 3500. I am guessing 500 was considered low print at that time so it was worth a lot more than it should have been.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I had several AU RCs from 99-00 SPx at that time. A few of them (Francis, Baron Davis, Andre Miller, Maggette, and Szczerbiak) were numbered out of 500, when all the others were out of 2500 or 3500. I am guessing 500 was considered low print at that time so it was worth a lot more than it should have been.

That would help explain it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

500 was really low print run especially for an autograph card. But Vince Carter was absolutely on fire at that time. I don't think any player in any other sport was as big as he was with collectors after that slam dunk win. His SP Authentic rookie card (that wasn't autographed) booked for $1000-$1500 in 2000. That's just INSANE and while I remember that Francis being popular it just never seemed to be that big of a card to me. Though just checking eBay now and that Francis SPX auto seems to be a pain in the butt to find.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I remember that. Vince RCs are on fire back then. The SP Authentic and SPx RCs each booked for over $1K. Hard to believe the prices dropped so much today. The SP Authentic Carter RC books $200, but the SPx is only $30.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

500 was really low print run especially for an autograph card. But Vince Carter was absolutely on fire at that time. I don't think any player in any other sport was as big as he was with collectors after that slam dunk win. His SP Authentic rookie card (that wasn't autographed) booked for $1000-$1500 in 2000. That's just INSANE and while I remember that Francis being popular it just never seemed to be that big of a card to me. Though just checking eBay now and that Francis SPX auto seems to be a pain in the butt to find.

Vinsanity was all the rage! I couldn't keep his cards for a year after he won the slam dunk--everyone wanted them, even the inserts. He was also doing his amazing dunks in games and averaging 27 ppg. He was such a show before all his injuries. I still think he should make the HOF, all things considered. He's had a very productive career in spite of never living up to that massive production in 2000-2001, and his longevity has been very impressive. His similarly explosive cousin T-Mac made it despite the same lack of playoff success, so I think Vince should as well. I have a few nice cards of theirs in my PC, a Vince auto and jersey card, and a T-Mac gem mint 10 Chrome RC, among some other jerseys, rookies, and inserts. Might pick up a Vince RC one of these days; I used to have a few lower end, but that was years ago, IIRC.