Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Derek Carr's Future?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Derek Carr's Future?

I'm a Carr fan ... mostly because he's a Christian who doesn't mind standing up for his faith ... but I also believe he can have a wonderful career on the right team.

However, is he long for the Raiders, or will he maybe be traded to the Giants, or elsewhere?

Personally, I tend to think he'll finish out his Raiders contract, as Gruden has never seemed to like rookie QBs, so I don't see why Chucky would trade Carr to the Giants, only to turn around and draft a rookie QB? I mean, I guess Chucky could trade Carr and then sign a guy like Teddy Bridgewater but that doesn't seem that realistic either.

What do ya'll think?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Well Chucky doesn't like using RC QB's as you said but may do the trade. They are cutting money players from the team and Carr would be another and maybe they could pick up someone. Hard to say with Chucky sometimes!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Who are some of the possible FA Qb's?

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Who are some of the possible FA Qb's?

Probably looking at these guys:

Teddy Bridgewater
    Matt Schaub
    Robert Griffin III
    Tyrod Taylor
    Brandon Weeden
    Brock Osweiler
    Geno Smith
    Josh McCown
    Nick Foles
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Colt McCoy

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Probably looking at these guys:

Teddy Bridgewater
    Matt Schaub
    Robert Griffin III
    Tyrod Taylor
    Brandon Weeden
    Brock Osweiler
    Geno Smith
    Josh McCown
    Nick Foles
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Colt McCoy

Bridgewater's the only one that will probably be offered a guaranteed starting position by some team this coming offseason … but … I honestly think *if* the Raiders trade Carr it will be to draft a rookie, not to replace him with Bridgewater, though who knows, maybe Teddy B will be a Raider ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really thought that the Raiders could just build around this guy with all their draft picks but it seems like this team is a total epic disaster and they'd be just better off getting rid of Carr because he will just be destroyed mentally and physically if he stays. This team was hurt by the whole kneeling controversy but it has been totally nuked by the bringing back of Jon Gruden.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I really thought that the Raiders could just build around this guy with all their draft picks but it seems like this team is a total epic disaster and they'd be just better off getting rid of Carr because he will just be destroyed mentally and physically if he stays. This team was hurt by the whole kneeling controversy but it has been totally nuked by the bringing back of Jon Gruden.

I wouldn't give up on Carr yet if I was the Raiders, at least not for an unproven rookie QB or a free agent like Bridgewater … I do think Chucky has been bad for Carr but that was sort of predicted by many as Carr isn't known to like hard-coaching and Gruden rips his players … one Tampa Bay reporter recently said it's possible that the Raiders could replace Carr with Jameis Winston as Chucky is known to be a massive fan of Jameis and Jameis is known to love hard coaching … but … that would just be weird … I mean, has there ever, in the history of the NFL, been two young top QBs traded for each other? Who knows, it could be a first ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really wouldn't give up on him either but the Raiders are going for the #1 pick so really what is the point in playing Carr? I mean he could get seriously hurt and if the team plays well you are just going to lower yourself in the draft. The Raiders would be better off just benching Carr and playing somebody else (let him take the beating) and just totally tank the season because at this point if they don't end up with the #1 pick you will just be hurting themself even more.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ I'd agree with you IF the Raiders see Carr as their future, but there's a lot of reports that Gruden doesn't view him that way, so my guess is that Gruden keeps starting him, hoping he will flash, and raise his trade value around the league, as I imagine Gruden would like to get a 1st and maybe more for Carr, yet right now, I doubt he could get more than a 2nd round pick from the Giants ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ugh, I do NOT understand when teams that are jockeying for draft position and are completely out of the playoff picture, win games against teams that they are directly jockeying against ... it drives me nuts.

The Raiders could have basically locked up the #1 pick, had they lost this game, but no ... they played to win, won, and now may not even get a top 2 pick, and if they win another meaningless game, could drop out of the top 7 or so ... I don't understand that sort of lack of foresight ... it's maddening.

However ... Carr played a nice game, so there's that ... I'm happy for him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast