Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Real Tough Guys from the 1970's & 80's wouldnt have even bothered with an ankle biter like that. He wouldnt be doing what he does now if he did play back then, he would be on injured reserve healing from his wounds. Call him a tough guy all you want but he wouldnt even make my Top 1000 list of all time!!
    Last edited by jameslacarte; 11-10-2018 at 05:49 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Fighting is just not part of the game anymore. Not even much hitting. Last time i looked (4-5) days ago, two teams did not even have
    a fighting major, one was phily.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

suspension reduced to 14 games, could be back by thurs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

He now gets called for an awful lot of ticky-tack garbage simply because of that reputation.

Wow, I must be a prophet! In Wilson's first period back, he scores a goal while being pushed into the MIN goalie by Ryan Suter. He gets the goal, and the refs give him a goalie interference penalty on the same play! Has anyone EVER seen that before? I know I haven't. I've seen lots of goals taken away because of contact, but never seen a goal allowed and then a penalty. I've seen a lot of contact after goals, but I have never seen a call made if the goal was allowed. If it was ANYONE else, there would have been no call, just like you see in games every day. In fact, the video shows that Suter made the majority of the contact on Dubnyk. But Wilson gets the 2 min because of the reputation. Kind of hard to clean your reputation when they are making calls like that on you.
    Last edited by Sharky94; 11-13-2018 at 10:06 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

you'd think the interference penalty would negate the goal

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Capitals Winnipeg Jets Montreal Canadiens

ok so on that note... help me out here, so you want to hear from a Caps fan...

Wilson gets a penalty "somehow" and a goal also for interference. 2:26 mark

So... that SAME night Crosby... goes in and knocks NJ netminder Kinkaid out... and his interference by Sidney Crosby is waived off... 3:24

With the being said... Wilson has a reputation... Crosby is a superstar... so you tell me what's different from that play...

Ironically on the SAME night,,

And hey Lucic is doing how much a million ? and hasn't scored in how many games? and how many cups does he have ? and how much does he make?

My beef isn't with him.

The reality is the league treats "certain" players differently... others get a pass.. while others are tainted...

Wilson will be back. So will Lucic, and Crosby will make his mark...

The issue is far more involved.
    Last edited by HockeyCardKing; 11-15-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

ok so on that note... help me out here, so you want to hear from a Caps fan...

Wilson gets a penalty "somehow" and a goal also for interference. 2:26 mark

So... that SAME night Crosby... goes in and knocks NJ netminder Kinkaid out... and his interference by Sidney Crosby is waived off... 3:24

With the being said... Wilson has a reputation... Crosby is a superstar... so you tell me what's different from that play...

Ironically on the SAME night,,

And hey Lucic is doing how much a million ? and hasn't scored in how many games? and how many cups does he have ? and how much does he make?

My beef isn't with him.

The reality is the league treats "certain" players differently... others get a pass.. while others are tainted...

Wilson will be back. So will Lucic, and Crosby will make his mark...

The issue is far more involved.

Three comments:

1. I'm assuming the goal was allowed, but the penalty still called, because the goal was scored before contact was made with the goalie.
    2. I wouldn't have called that a penalty. Suter runs him into the goalie.
    3. Of course the league treats stars differently than non-Stars. That's been going on forever.

#3 is part of what (IMO) is the biggest problem with the NHL: Inconsistent game calling. I don't put an ounce of this on the refs, this is 100% a league problem.

If Game 7 of the SCF goes into triple OT... I want that period called EXACTLY the same that the game would have been called in the pre-season. This "don't let the refs decide the outcome" nonsense needs to go away. The refs are just enforcing the rules, it's the player who decide to break them.

Interference is interference. A slash is a slash. Come up with whatever standard you want called, and apply it to everyone equally. I don't care if it's Crosby, Wilson, Matt Cooke, some kid that just got called up from the AHL, McDavid, Ovechkin, Marchand, or who ever.

Furthermore: If Wilson doing "X" results in a suspension, then "X" should result in a suspension for EVERYONE. Of course Wilson should get longer because he's got a history of suspensions..... but every time you don't suspend someone "because they don't have a history of suspensions" you are ensuring they still don't. It's just hockey talk for "star player, we don't want to suspend him".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Capitals Winnipeg Jets Montreal Canadiens

Oh I agree on a lot with what you said, my biggest complaint also is there is no consistency for when punishment is handed out by DPS it's ridiculous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12