Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Dez Bryant signs with New Orleans Saints

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25205567/former-cowboy-dez-bryant-agrees-deal-saints

The former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver is signing a one-year deal with the New Orleans Saints, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Jane Slater. The pending deal comes one day after the free-agent wide receiver worked out for the team. Rapoport adds Bryant will officially sign Thursday. The team later made the announcement official.

Solid signing for the Saints. Their top receivers through 8 games are:

Michael Thomas - 70-880-5
    Alvin Kamara - 51-427-4
    Ben Watson - 26-292-2
    Ted Ginn (IR) - 12-135-2
    Tre'Quan Smith - 12-214-3

Bryant might not be a ton of use for the regular season but by the time the playoffs hit he should be settling in decently. Could be similar to Andre Rison for the Packers back in '96 who acquired him after he spent his first 10 games with the Jaguars. Quiet couple of games at the end of the regular season with more noticeable impact in the playoffs.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm thrilled for Dez and have always loved that guy … Brees could make him look like a star again!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Still don't get why it took him so long to be signed but he lands with a team that has a GREAT shot to win the Super Bowl this year
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

Just read the Saints think he tore his Achilles tendon today. They are "hopeful", and getting second opinions, but this doesn't look good.

Tough break for the Saints in need of a WR. And a major setback for Dez. This might be the final chapter in his career. Teams are gonna be hard pressed to take a chance on writing a big check for a guy who lasted all of two days on his last team after taking so much time off.

Why do I get the feeling something similar will happen to Bell?

Ya don't train with the team, ya get hurt..........

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

A couple years ago I blew out my achilles tendon, full tear. It was a brutal recovery and to this day it's not 100%. I can feel the lack of springy-ness when jumping. I always feel terrible for anyone who gets this injury and I hope his rehab during the spring goes well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just read the Saints think he tore his Achilles tendon today. They are "hopeful", and getting second opinions, but this doesn't look good.

Unfortunately it is confirmed and this is basically a career ender

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I feel terrible for Dez as I really feel like he could have won a ring this year … he had some great seasons in Dallas but has no shot at the Hall of Fame and I know that was his goal and he had the talent to get there … he belongs in the "Hall of the Very Good" though, that's for sure!

X