Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The Panini America Quality Control Gallery: 2018 Donruss Optic Football (90+ Images)

By now, Panini America’s ballyhooed Donruss Optic franchise doesn’t require much in the way of introduction. In pretty short order, the product has parlayed the timelessness of the company’s fabled Donruss brand with the perpetual appeal of Prizm technology to earn a permanent place near the top of the annual Favorite Product list. And in two short days, it will be back again to honor the stars and standout rookies of the 2018 NFL season. Set to arrive in hobby shops across North America on Wednesday, 2018 Donruss Optic Football will deliver, on average, one autograph, 10 Rookie Cards, 10 Rated Rookies, 10 parallels and four inserts in every hobby box (four cards per pack, 20 packs per box, 12 boxes per case).

https://blog.paniniamerica.net/2018/...s/#more-229966

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

I happen to like Donruss Optic a lot, so it pains me to do this....

By now, Panini America’s ballyhooed Donruss Optic franchise

Sweet sassy molassy boy Donny Optics was the most extravagant bell of the ball.

doesn’t require much in the way of introduction.

Oh ho but on the Knight's Lance it DOES require a much ballyhooed introduction of epic proportions, an introduction that will go down in the annuals of history as the most legendary, mythical, and fabled introduction. Believe me.

In pretty short order, the product has parlayed the timelessness of the company’s fabled Donruss brand

Hackler loves to call things fabled. One definition is renowned or famous. The definition which fits better is fictitious or having no real existence. It's always amusing when Panini takes credit for the efforts of an acquisition. Donruss has been around since 1981. Revisionist history is fun but it really is just fabled history.

with the perpetual appeal of Prizm technology

Perpetual appeal of Prizm technology which looks SUSPICIOUSLY like Topps Chromium technology but it's pronounced totally differently. Good thing Topps laid the groundwork in 1992 to allow the appeal of Chromium/Prizm to go on in perpetuity.

to earn a permanent place near the top of the annual Favorite Product list.

I would like to see this favorite product list and see the rankings. What's at the bottom of the favorite list? If it's a permanent place then it can never be at the top. I only buy the best products on the favorite list.

And in two short days, it will be back again to honor the stars and standout rookies of the 2018 NFL season.

Which is completely different than the honours the Rookies & Stars brand brings and not derivative of what Leaf and Donruss were already doing.