Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Super Bowl Winner

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • Kansas City Chiefs

1 4.76%
  • New England Patriots

5 23.81%
  • Houston Texans

0 0%
  • Baltimore Ravens

0 0%
  • Los Angeles Chargers

0 0%
  • Indianapolis Colts

1 4.76%
  • New Orleans Saints

10 47.62%
  • Los Angeles Rams

1 4.76%
  • Chicago Bears

1 4.76%
  • Dallas Cowboys

0 0%
  • Seattle Seahawks

0 0%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

2 9.52%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Picks!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I guess if you pull the numbers you can definitely argue that, statistically this wasn't a 'great' game by Brady (however I would say it was definitely a great game by Mahomes).

Having NEGATIVE passing yards deep into the 2nd quarter is not having a "great game" ... Mahomes led an awesome comeback but he himself has played far better in many games this year and was nowhere near at his best and I think he'd admit as much.

However, if you're not impressed with what these 2 QB's did in the second half/overtime of that game yesterday, then we can agree to disagree overall.

"Impressed" wouldn't be the word I'd use, no ...

I am, for one, very impressed with what they both did and can overlook a couple of shaky throws by Mahomes, or a bad goal line INT by Brady (his other 2 picks were off deflections, I won't place that all on Brady).

It takes a lot more to impress me I guess ... I've watched Brady since he played at Michigan in college and yesterday's game did not "impress" me in the least ... I was happy for him that his team won, but his individual performance as a whole wasn't even close to "impressive" in my view.

As for Mahomes ... he has nothing to be ashamed about and had a very good game considering his age, inexperience and the circumstances ... I love the kid and love watching him play ... but again, he was spraying balls all over wildly, was terrible against pressure and throwing screen-pass TDs where the RB does all the work does not impress me in the least ... he can play way, way, way better than he did yesterday and I think anyone who has watched him play this year would agree with that.

I mean, if you were "impressed" by those performances yesterday, the word "impressed" doesn't mean much, as what would you be watching Mahomes go off like he did in some of his monster games this year, or Brady go off like he did in some of his monster career games? Superidy, dupidy impressed?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shockwiresports's Items on eBay

Nice to see the picks and analysis of the QBs, always fun!

I agree with what is being said about Mahomes, in my opinion he will be the best AFC quarterback going forward.

The Rams are certainly a top team and would deserve the Super Bowl this year but I’ll pick the Patriots to win by 4.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Preseason I picked the Patriots versus the Rams with the Rams winning

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Would you still pick the Rams over the Patriots Pwaldo, or now that you've seen the full season, are you leaning towards the Pats?

I actually think the Rams have a better shot than the Saints would have against New England as Suh/Donald could really rough Brady up and Talib is a fantastic big-game CB who played with Brady ... plus the Rams can run the ball down a defenses throat.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

Having NEGATIVE passing yards deep into the 2nd quarter is not having a "great game" ... Mahomes led an awesome comeback but he himself has played far better in many games this year and was nowhere near at his best and I think he'd admit as much.

"Impressed" wouldn't be the word I'd use, no ...

It takes a lot more to impress me I guess ... I've watched Brady since he played at Michigan in college and yesterday's game did not "impress" me in the least ... I was happy for him that his team won, but his individual performance as a whole wasn't even close to "impressive" in my view.

As for Mahomes ... he has nothing to be ashamed about and had a very good game considering his age, inexperience and the circumstances ... I love the kid and love watching him play ... but again, he was spraying balls all over wildly, was terrible against pressure and throwing screen-pass TDs where the RB does all the work does not impress me in the least ... he can play way, way, way better than he did yesterday and I think anyone who has watched him play this year would agree with that.

I mean, if you were "impressed" by those performances yesterday, the word "impressed" doesn't mean much, as what would you be watching Mahomes go off like he did in some of his monster games this year, or Brady go off like he did in some of his monster career games? Superidy, dupidy impressed?

I totally see your point, don't get me wrong. All things being considered, if this were a regular-season game I would have a different take on this.

However, as I'm sure you know, the postseason is completely different, it's a little ignorant to hold a QB performance in the regular season the same way you would in the postseason. Let me ask this question, what is more impressive:

1. a QB going 30/40, 400 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT
    2. a QB going 25/40, 260 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT

Obviously, anyone would pick option 1 above. However, if you peel back the onion a bit and added this to each:

1. this particular QB won this game at home in week 3.
    2. this particular QB won this game on the road in the playoffs. Led a game winning drive.

Would performance 2 be more impressive than performance 1? And there is no right-or-wrong answer, I'm more or less rebutting your comment "I mean, if you were "impressed" by those performances yesterday, the word "impressed" doesn't mean much, as what would you be watching Mahomes go off like he did in some of his monster games this year, or Brady go off like he did in some of his monster career games? Superidy, dupidy impressed?". I've seen every Brady game of his entire pro career. I will agree that he has had far better games than he did in other seasons (2007, 2011, 2016). However, he did exactly what I would've expected him to do, and what he's been doing all his career, which is (pardon the pun) to impress.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

Nice pick...do you still think the Rams win?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I totally see your point, don't get me wrong. All things being considered, if this were a regular-season game I would have a different take on this.

However, as I'm sure you know, the postseason is completely different, it's a little ignorant to hold a QB performance in the regular season the same way you would in the postseason. Let me ask this question, what is more impressive:

1. a QB going 30/40, 400 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT
    2. a QB going 25/40, 260 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT

Obviously, anyone would pick option 1 above. However, if you peel back the onion a bit and added this to each:

1. this particular QB won this game at home in week 3.
    2. this particular QB won this game on the road in the playoffs. Led a game winning drive.

Would performance 2 be more impressive than performance 1? And there is no right-or-wrong answer, I'm more or less rebutting your comment "I mean, if you were "impressed" by those performances yesterday, the word "impressed" doesn't mean much, as what would you be watching Mahomes go off like he did in some of his monster games this year, or Brady go off like he did in some of his monster career games? Superidy, dupidy impressed?". I've seen every Brady game of his entire pro career. I will agree that he has had far better games than he did in other seasons (2007, 2011, 2016). However, he did exactly what I would've expected him to do, and what he's been doing all his career, which is (pardon the pun) to impress.

I appreciate the above post and the time you took to explain and I can definitely understand your point of view and it seems you understand mine as well ... it's just a difference in perspective and nothing to debate about ... Brady is a marvel and while so many casual fans are upset the Patriots are in the Super Bowl "AGAIN", I am looking forward to seeing Brady against that Rams dangerous defense and especially the Belichick v McVay and McDaniels v Philips coaching duels ... I think it will be a great Super Bowl! My favorite singular player in the game is Todd Gurley but I'm not rooting for the Rams over the Patriots, just hoping to see a great game ... may the best team win and may the refs not even be a story line when it's all over.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Jameis1of1;14733308 [B
    and may the refs not even be a story line when it's all over.
    [/B]

AMEN to that!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I'd still pick the Rams to win because that was my original pick and I really wouldn't go against it. Though I think I am a little less confident with that decision now than I was when I picked it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ugly game, Edelman, Gilmore, Gronk, Hightower and the entire Pats O-Line balled, but that was a boring game with terrible QB play on both sides ... yuck.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast