Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you have ebay you could always auction the cards off in lots, or "blind lots" - a (50) card assortment for $5-10 bucks (10-20 cents per card) then randomly toss in a high end card here and there - then for example guarantee a BV of $50 per lot.

Thats what I'm going to do with my basketball cards, I have 3500 basketball stars & hall of famers, I know little to nothing about basketball cards beyond names, and if my 3500 card lot doesn't sell on ebay I'm going to start selling them in 50 and 100 card "blind lots" - each card does book between $1 and $20 so at 10-20 cents a card it's a good deal for basketball collectors. I mean I would be satisfied if I paid 10 bucks for a 100 card lot of hockey cards and they were all future hall of famers or hall of famers.

Of curse the best way to get rid of the excess is to do a card show, but card shows have become pretty rare recently with networking and sites such as Ebay and Amazon... Those sites make selling cards with a market value less than $20 bucks difficult to sell due to shipping and ebay fees and such... But at a card show you can circumvent those obstacles and have your $1,3,5,7,10 dollar bins and sell a ton and get rid of your excess...

Trust me, I'm in the same position as you - I have 250,000 cards, and I'm really trying to downsize, and I'm finding it pretty difficult because on ebay or the internet - no card is particularly "rare". On ebay right now I can find 5 different sellers selling a card that is #'ed /35... So rarity has gone out the window, sure there are hot cards that sell quickly like say Matthews or McDavid Young Guns, those will sell consistently for good money, and so will some high grade vintage cards to an extent - but say a SP Justin Faulk Jersey/Auto 35/99 - a card like that will only get a few bucks despite booking for $50 bucks.

It's kind of frustrating at times really.

What am I supposed to do with (150) 1991-92 UD Eric Lindros or Teemu Selanne RC's?? lol, sell them for .99 cents each, charge $3.50 shipping to the US ($10.00 to Canada) when the card only books for $3.00?? It makes no practical sense from the seller or buyers perspective. It's not worth the time from the sellers perspective, and from the buyers perspective the card books for 3 bucks but with shipping you're paying anywhere between $4.50 and $11.00 for a $3 card...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See truepar's Items on eBay

Thank you once again for everyone’s input. I’m currently working with a potential buyer, so once again thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12