Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Question ??

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question ??

I have a question about shipping when trading cards. If I send lets say 8 to 10 cards which would be too thick for a PWE. My cost is $3.50 and they send me 2 cards in PWE for 50 cents, how do I compensate for the shipping difference? For that matter how do you compensate for the shipping costs in any trade? Maybe this is a dumb time to be asking this but with shipping costs rising it seems to be bothering me now. LOL Let me know how you all figure the cost of shipping into your trade.Not sure if this was right place to put this question but couldn't find a question and answer section.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Hello @oldladytrader, we are happy that you found us! If you have questions, please feel free to ask them in the Feedback and Suggestions forum as we are always looking to improve SCF. Also, I invite you to review our free tools to enhance your collections such as our Inventory Manager and Through the Mail Manager! -Scott

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I don't compensate for trades. We got agree to send any cover the shipping costs ourselves. I know going into this hobby )especially with trading) that I'm going to need to spend x amount of dollars on shipping, so it's a non-issue for me. As long as both parties in the trade receive their end of the deal, I'm good with it and it's a done deal.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know. Maybe I'll do a lousy job of explaining how I look at it. But here goes. If I'm sitting at a table and slide 10 cards across to another collector, and he slides 2 cards back. Then afterwards I say to myself, "That was a great trade...I like it." I would consider that a perfect trade. But now, we're going to do the same trade only it's occurring through the mail. That trade will now cost you an additional $3-$4. You've just got to ask yourself am I willing to lose my 10 cards and $3-$4 for these 2 cards.
    Personally, I just eat the money. I want those 2 cards in my collection rather than the 10 I traded. With that said, in the end it does come down to money. It depends on the value of the deal. If the deal isn't worth enough to cover the shipping + the real-world cash value of the cards then why do it?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Twins Minnesota Wild
    Twitter: @@RjvD78 See MNsports78's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Send PayPal to rjvd78@gmail,com Member is PayPal Verified

nice explanation baystate. I agree.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes 8 to 10 cards is too much for a PWE. Usually I only make a deal with a bubble mailer if it is "worth it" since it costs too much. For a card or two you can put it in a PWE and it won't really cost much but 3 dollars and change every time you make a trade will add up to a lot after awhile if you are picky about the deals you make.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome to SCF Karen, hope you are enjoying yourself here! I have never sent cards in a PWE, just not my way of going by it. Just think of buying cards on eBay. There is no way I would be happy if I got 1 card or 10 cards in a PWE or any envelope of such. If I was you, I would save the heartache and send out cards as I would be wanting to receive those cards, that being in a padded bubble mailer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the advice. I really don't mind getting one or two cards in a PWE as long as they're in a hard sleeve. I just need to think over my trades a little better that I want to make.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I don't know. Maybe I'll do a lousy job of explaining how I look at it. But here goes. If I'm sitting at a table and slide 10 cards across to another collector, and he slides 2 cards back. Then afterwards I say to myself, "That was a great trade...I like it." I would consider that a perfect trade. But now, we're going to do the same trade only it's occurring through the mail. That trade will now cost you an additional $3-$4. You've just got to ask yourself am I willing to lose my 10 cards and $3-$4 for these 2 cards.
    Personally, I just eat the money. I want those 2 cards in my collection rather than the 10 I traded. With that said, in the end it does come down to money. It depends on the value of the deal. If the deal isn't worth enough to cover the shipping + the real-world cash value of the cards then why do it?

I think your way of explaining this was really nice. And I would agree that whether you buy something online or through trades, no matter how much cards you're receiving in the deal, you do need to consider the shipping value into consideration when deciding if you really want those cards. We all do that to some degree of course.

I have passed on cards because I couldn't justify the shipping changes at times. And other times, the card(s) in question are really rare, so I don't mind paying a little extra for shipping costs because I know I will be getting a card I like, not knowing if I will ever get a chance to own that card again (say if it's a very low-numbered card or a 1/1).