Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Indianapolis Colts Chicago Blackhawks Indianapolis Colts

Question Nascar: Why is it dying? Opinions?

Nascar has been on a decline of viewership for many years now and it's hitting all time lows. With the 2019 season getting ready to start up soon (which I am pumped for!!!!), why is Nascar slowly dying?
    Will it make a comeback and how?

My opinion is this: Nascar has lost it roots. From the culture, to the drivers, and to the cars. Also Nascar is too PC about everything. I wish their were more Dale Earnhardts Sr's out in the field today or even any of the old generation. Somebody that I can relate to that is the everyman, the blue-collar kind of man, or at the very least, up front about how they drive and what they say. Opinions?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

I think its because they changed the format, all the drivers cried that JJ and JG were winning all the time.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think its because they changed the format, all the drivers cried that JJ and JG were winning all the time.

Yeah, format did drive away fans (no pun intended)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would have to agree its because of all the originators are gone, many fans are driver specific as I was with Gordon, Dale Jr & Danica. All 3 no longer race so I really have no desire to start chasing another and hoping they would win, male/female. I do watch F1 & Indy still but have no fav. in either. I do occasionally watch a cup race here & there, prob. Daytona & Indy more than others
    NASCAR has changed soooooo much ….

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would have to agree its because of all the originators are gone, many fans are driver specific as I was with Gordon, Dale Jr & Danica. All 3 no longer race so I really have no desire to start chasing another and hoping they would win, male/female. I do watch F1 & Indy still but have no fav. in either. I do occasionally watch a cup race here & there, prob. Daytona & Indy more than others
    NASCAR has changed soooooo much ….

100% agree. I follow the xfinity series and the truck series so I get excited about the up and coming talent since they are so raw. As the older drivers retire, I begin to see the new drivers step in which keeps me interested. What mainly stinks about the up and comers is that they are usually children of the drivers of old, and they usually can't drive, that turns me off. I look up their driving history and it has either no driving stats whatsoever or mediocre stats. That kills the actual good drivers trying to get into the sport. Could you imagine trying to get a ride with a racing team but you have to beat out the child of a racing legend even tho you can drive circles around him/her and will never have a chance because of the blood line not talent? Ain't right.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Last year, it was basically 4 drivers who were winning every race. That alone would make people not want to watch anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Last year, it was basically 4 drivers who were winning every race. That alone would make people not want to watch anymore.

Yeah, gets dull for sure. Mainly what it comes down to with teams winning all the time is money. The more money the team has, the higher chance the team will win. That goes with any motor sport for sure but it's gone crazy with nascar. Multi million dollar cars with multi million dollar research/devolopment. The sponsorships behind these cars pay for a lot of these things but each year gets more expensive, that's why every year sponsors are giving up on nascar. High rate of investment with limited return on that investment because the viewership ain't there. The so called stock car of nascar is out the window. The lower end teams will never have a chance against the penske or stewart-hass teams. So yeah, only a few drivers winning does drive away fans. I think there needs to be a change in the overall cost of nascar and level the playing field so that ALL teams have a fighting chance. The so called rules say that all teams when they take the green flag are for the most part equal, I say that's a load of donkey poo.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well y'all, if anyone watched the clash this past weekend, another indicator of the current condition of nascar. Wow, one of the worst races I have ever seen.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As I guy who watched as a kid in the mid 80s into my adulthood the early 2010s I lost interest after 2012. The playoff format is lame throughout the years. The car of trash which became Gen-car was garbage as well. The schedule is heavily bloated with too many intermediate tracks than short tracks. The second-tier series Xfinity (formerly Grand National) dominated by Cup drivers then dropped most of popular short tracks (Indianapolis Raceway Park) in favor of same intermediate tracks NASCAR raced on, and stuck of playoff format on it as well. It's heavily too corporatized with bland drivers. The idiot Brian France lost his head in running the series tossing phantom yellows to bunch it up for made-for-TV trainwreck finish. I don't blame Carl Edwards retiring because he got sick of NASCAR BS. Jeff Gordon should have won 7 Cup titles if the playoff format didn't happen. Joey Logano should have been champion years earlier only get screwed out during the playoffs because someone on purposely crashed him and knocking him out. The past 6 years been bs, I don't watch NASCAR anymore. I just watch clips and read about it.

The only series I watch regularly is Indycar

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jimmie Johnson was master of the playoffs. He knew how to play the game on the track. Then it got to elimination style which is worse thing they did. The reason for the playoffs because Matt Kenseth won the title point riding to 1 victory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast