Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See redwingsfan11's Items on eBay

Thumbs up WHALE & Jr. LANDED!!! Ilya Kovalchuk + Rick Nash PC Showcase

Hey guys!

Another couple of whales have landed on shore! As a collector of Ilya Kovalchuk & Rick Nash Rookie year cards, as many have experienced, I am at that point in those collections where only the very low numbered stuff & high end are all that is left. With cards like that, you're just left to the mercy of time and chance.

A few weeks ago, I was browsing eBay with my normal daily searches of Kovalchuk and as I was scrolling, this lot of cards with a pretty generic title caught my eye, "Lot of 12 Autographed Hockey Cards (Nash /100, Kovalchuk /25)++". Now rarely do I ever look at lots of cards on eBay, but the picture grabbed my attention because of a hard to miss Rick Nash card I needed for my collection. But it didn't stop there, after I clicked onto the listing, I saw a Kovalchuk auto, but of a different color. After I zoomed in, I saw it was one one of my long awaited whales that I have missed out on multiple times over the past 8 years. Once I saw the card, I immediately messaged the seller asking if he would sell the Kovalchuk alone, but he declined. So I sucked it up and waited 7 long days to see what destiny had in store for me.

Fast forward to the last day of the auction, all I could think about that day was that Kovalchuk and winning the auction. Back when I was a newbie to eBay, I use to get so nervous when the last moments were winding down, but after losing out on so many rare cards, I thought I became desensitized forever. Well the joke was on me, because when the last minute started winding up, my palms began to sweat and fingers started to shake. I was a NERVOUS WRECK!!! With mentally unstable hands, I put in my highest bid and left myself vulnerable to a binary flip of the coin in winning or losing.

Lady luck put her hand on my shoulder and low and behold, I WON!!! I paid within the next minute and today I received the lot in my hands.

First here are the other cards in the lot. The 98/99 Sedin SPx cards are really nice in hand. Back when I was young and use to window shop for Peyton Manning rookies, I always wanted these SPx cards. Well now I have something similar in hand. These are available, so if anyone is interested just let me know (graded card in the glare is Red Berenson)

Lot for Sale by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

What are these whales you ask? Well here they are

Whale Jr. (may have a small nick on the front edge, but I gotta say, this is one of the sharpest 02/03 FWAP i've seen in quite some time. Has a great shine and feeling as if it was pulled yesterday. Really presents itself well). Not everything is roses though, being that the price of the lot went for a bit higher than I hoped for, and trying to keep costs down as much as possible. This card may have to get sacrificed. Or at best be used a trader toward finding the ever elusive Zetterberg FWAP. But we'll see, maybe I'll sell some other stuff to make room for this. Wel'll see how it all plays out. But for right now, its pretty cool to have in my possession.

Rick Nash 02/03 UD SPA Future Watch Patch Auto /100 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

WHALE SR.

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 UD SPA Future Watch Auto Gold /25 [BGS 9] by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Back in 2013 I believe, I lost out on the jersey numbered version of Kovy's FWA 17/25 that went for a good dollar (pre-retirement) and I think one time more during the years. But now I am a proud owner of a mini rainbow below.

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 UD SPA Future Watch Auto Bronze /150 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 UD SPA Future Watch Auto /900 (PSA 9) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 UD Sign of the Times Auto (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Here is the rest of my Kovalchuk rookie collection, with addition of two more Kovalchuk cards I got within the past month too =)

When I first saw this card, I had no idea this PARALLEL existed! Once I saw it, I knew I had to have it. Plus, with my love for mini cards, I couldn't resist

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Pacific Private Stock Mini /50 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

I've held back on this card for a LONG time. Back in 2011 I bought a box of 01/02 Pacific Crown Royale with the dreams of landing either the Datsyuk or Kovalchuk. Fortunate for me, I landed the longshot Datsyuk, but of course I didn't get the Kovalchuk (Woe is me lol). Well a few weeks ago I saw this copy in pretty good condition and submitted an offer, the seller accepted and 8 years later, this beauty of a card is in my hands!

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Pacific Crown Royale Rookie /267 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

A random decent parallel I just picked up too

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Pacific Private Stock Moments in Time Rookie /85 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Now here are the rest of my Rookie collection

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 UD Ice Clear Cut Update Auto /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 BAP Signature Series Jersey Auto /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 UD Base Exclusives Rookie /100 (PSA 10) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Bowman Young Stars Signed Puck Redemption /10 by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Bowman Young Stars Auto /50 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Topps Reserve Gold Puck Auto /50 by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Topps Reserve Silver Puck Auto by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Topps Stadium Club Master Photo Rookie /100 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

JERSEY NUMBERED 17/50

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 BAP Ultimate Memorabilia 2nd Ed. Game Used Stick And Jersey 17/50 [BGS 8.5] (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr
    Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 BAP Ultimate Memorabilia 2nd Ed. Game Used Stick And Jersey 17/50 [BGS 8.5] (2) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

JERSEY NUMBERED 17/100

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 BAP Memorabilia Rookie 17/100 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr
    Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 BAP Memorabilia Rookie 17/100 (2) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

JERSEY NUMBERED 17/38

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Pacific Vanguard Rookie 17/38 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

JERSEY NUMBERED 17/90

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Pacific Atomic Rookie 17/90 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

JERSEY NUMBERED 10/250 (Gaborik's #)

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Bowman YoungStars Fabric of the Future Rivals Dual Jersey w/ Gaborik 10/250 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr
    Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Bowman YoungStars Fabric of the Future Rivals Dual Jersey w/ Gaborik 10/250 (2) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Thanks Gord!!!

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Pacific Vanguard Dual Stick & Jersey w/ Jagr (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

IF ANYONE HAS THE WHITE JERSEY VERSION (Auto & Non Auto), PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! Like an idiot, I saw the non autographed version once and let it pass me by. Regretted it ever since =( =( =( =(

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 UD Playmakers Bobblehead Auto #IKA by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Topps Stadium Club Lone Star Autograph (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Topps Heritage Auto (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

SELF PULLED! Back at the national in Atlantic City in 2016

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Pacific Adrenaline Premier Date Rookie /62 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Pacific Adrenaline Auto /500 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 UD Premier Signatures Auto (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 BAP Memorabilia Fall Expo Rookie 1/1 (BGS 8.5) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Pacific Private Stock Nights Special Edition Rookie /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Parkhurst Rookie Chicago Expo /10 by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Parkhurst Retro All Star Fantasy Rookie /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Ilya Kovalchuk 01/02 Parkhurst Spring Expo Rookie /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Here is a top 10 (not much order) of my Nash Rookie collection

RIck Nash 02/03 1st Game 1st Goal Program Auto by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

RIck Nash 02/03 BAP Signature Series Jersey Auto /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Rick Nash 02/03 BAP Signature Series Gold Fall Expo 1/1 Auto (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Rick Nash 02/03 Bowman YoungStars Fabric of the Future Triple Stuff /10 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Rick Nash 02/03 BAP UM Ultimate Rookies Auto /30 by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

JERSEY NUMBERED 61/100

Rick Nash 02/03 UD Top Shelf Rookie Action Redemption RC 61/100 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

JERSEY NUMBERED 61/1000

RIck Nash 02/03 Pacific Exclusive Jersey

Rick Nash 02/03 Pacific Calder Rookie Auto /100 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr Numbered Auto 61/1000 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Rick Nash 02/03 UD SPA Sign of the Times Auto SP (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

Rick Nash 02/03 UD SPX Jersey Auto /500 (1) by Timothy Wong, on Flickr

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia Flyers
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wow very impressive! Congrats on these huge pickups for your collection!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

You have an awesome collection :)
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See redwingsfan11's Items on eBay

@Flyers67 & @odjickfan: Thank you both!, I'm glad you guys enjoyed =)
    @TheLastOlympian07 there is a bit of a line for the Canuck cards right now and am sorting everything out. I will let you know how things go no matter what (whether they are gone or still available).

Update: @TheLastOlympian07 Just want to let you know that all the Canuck cards have been paid for and are being shipped within the next few days. Thus no longer being available. Sorry =(
    Last edited by redwingsfan11; 02-24-2019 at 10:16 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hello, Very interested in the Canuck cards you have listed. LMK what you want for them @redwingsfan11