Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Vince Carter hopes to return for a record 22nd NBA season next year

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ason-year.html

Atlanta Hawks forward Vince Carter wants to return for an NBA record 22nd season next year, when he will be 43-years old.

As the eight-time All-Star and former NBA Rookie of the Year told ESPN on Thursday, the man known as 'Vinsanity' says he sees no reason to retire.

'I think I could stretch it out one more,' said Carter, who will be a free agent this summer. 'At the end of the year, I usually assess from top to bottom to see how I'm feeling. And, obviously, opportunity—when the phone call rings and teams show interest, that's a good thing.'

He continued: 'Me, personally, I think I could give it another year, so why not? We'll see what happens.'

After signing a one-year, $2.4 million deal with Atlanta in July, Carter stands alongside Dallas Mavericks legend Dirk Nowitzki as the only players remaining from the 1998 NBA Draft. The two have tied retired players Robert Parish, Kevin Willis and Kevin Garnett for the most seasons played in NBA history at 21.

Nowitzki has not ruled out a return in 2019-20 either.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why not. If someone wants to pay him and he's willing/able great.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Vince is still a competent pro -- has had some good games this season, and had the conditioning to play lots of minutes in that 4 OT game recently. I think he could play another season. Dirk, however, needs to retire. He has gotten embarrassing and pathetic to watch. I saw him airball an open three last week; he shoots and moves at a geriatric pace now. It's dragging down Luka and the Mavs. His horrid shooting stats bear out just how bad and incompetent he is now. Sad, but everyone gets older, and he needs to realize he doesn't help teams anymore. His time is done.