Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country

The auto is Forsberg, just they put the sticker on upside down! I mean how much more obvious of a QC issue (for UD) can there be.
    Last edited by scarrman; 04-08-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Sorry but there is no "severity of defect".... Products are recalled, fixed or replaced all the time for various reasons, the majority of which ARE defects.. I managed a retail store for many years and we used to get recalls for the most trivial of reasons, and you know what? these companies issued recalls because they knew they could get sued and lose so they took the initiative to make the recalls before they were sued.

I'll admit suing Upper Deck over a card would be stupid, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't win... Companies are responsible for their product, and they can be sued for refusing to replace defective product.. Usually this is a no-brainer because companies generally without hesitation replace defects without questions asked, however Upper Deck stupidly believes that because their product was bought on the secondary market that somehow absolves them of their mistake - and it doesn't - at least not this mistake - not a mistake that could only result from the manufacturing process.

A defective car, or any product is no different from a defective sports card - even if the defective product has potential to seriously harm or injure someone..The subjectivity of the defect is irrelevant It's not about what the products defect could potentially do - it's the fact that the product is defective to begin with.. Negligence is negligence, well unless your negligence has intent.

And I cant even believe I'm even having this discussion because it's weird but if people want to sit around and absolve UD of any standards or responsibility for their product then I will call BS...

Give us one good reason why you didn't simply ask for a refund. You were the customer of an eBay seller, not Upper Deck. Why did you hold the card for a few months before taking any type of action?

" Honestly the "error" doesn't bother me at all", this statement is an admission that you were not harmed in any way. Since you admitted that you suffered no loss as a result of your purchase, this question in your original post clearly implies that you were considering the likelihood of a gain through a replacement, "I suppose my question is: If I send this card back can I expect a card as good if not better than the card I sent in?". Why else would you inquire about replacement experiences?

Does Upper Deck make mistakes, yes, of course and they are willing to replace cards as described in their written policy (see below). None of the members who replied to you remotely attempted to "absolve UD of any standards or responsibility". You just can't seem to grasp that UD has no responsibility regarding you.

Please note, we are only able to help with damaged cards if they are purchased from one of our Certified Diamond Dealers. If you have an issue, please email your full name, address and phone number to [email protected], and we’ll set up a case for you. Once you have a case number, we will send you an address you will need to send your damaged card(s), receipt & UPC codes to. Items mailed to Upper Deck without a case number will be returned to customers unopened. If you are mailing cards of value, we highly recommend mailing them in via certified, registered, or insured mail. The Upper Deck Company is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected mail.

So, in summary, you bid on a card without examining it, held the card for months, stated satisfaction with your purchase, never referenced UD's return policy and than this:
    "I'll let it sit on ebay until I get what I want out of it or until I commit it to my PC". The item is described as "brand new" and "pack fresh", neither of which are true and the description makes no mention of the error.

At what point do you take any level of personal responsibility? You need not reply, actions speak louder than words.
    Last edited by jsokol1626; 04-08-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Give us one good reason why you didn't simply ask for a refund. You were the customer of an eBay seller, not Upper Deck. Why did you hold the card for a few months before taking any type of action?

" Honestly the "error" doesn't bother me at all", this statement is an admission that you were not harmed in any way. Since you admitted that you suffered no loss as a result of your purchase, this question in your original post clearly implies that you were considering the likelihood of a gain through a replacement, "I suppose my question is: If I send this card back can I expect a card as good if not better than the card I sent in?". Why else would you inquire about replacement experiences?

Does Upper Deck make mistakes, yes, of course and they are willing to replace cards as described in their written policy (see below). None of the members who replied to you remotely attempted to "absolve UD of any standards or responsibility". You just can't seem to grasp that UD has no responsibility regarding you.

Please note, we are only able to help with damaged cards if they are purchased from one of our Certified Diamond Dealers. If you have an issue, please email your full name, address and phone number to [email protected], and we’ll set up a case for you. Once you have a case number, we will send you an address you will need to send your damaged card(s), receipt & UPC codes to. Items mailed to Upper Deck without a case number will be returned to customers unopened. If you are mailing cards of value, we highly recommend mailing them in via certified, registered, or insured mail. The Upper Deck Company is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected mail.

So, in summary, you bid on a card without examining it, held the card for months, stated satisfaction with your purchase, never referenced UD's return policy and than this:
    "I'll let it sit on ebay until I get what I want out of it or until I commit it to my PC". The item is described as "brand new" and "pack fresh", neither of which are true and the description makes no mention of the error.

At what point do you take any level of personal responsibility? You need not reply, actions speak louder than words.

Well, perhaps because I realize the ebay seller wasn't responsible for the card. Because I use logic and I understand that the ebay seller had nothing to do with the dysfunction of this card.

The best part is, who the hell cares anymore? I'm on to bigger and better things... I just got a nice haul tonight that I'm looking forward to on mail day...A bunch of vintage HOF'ers, nice 80's RC's , a bunch of nice relics, GU and autos... lol...

This card is an afterthought now.... I mean I still think UD is bogus and their position is arrogant but you win some and lose some and I win mostly so..

You want the card? $115.00 it's yours, heck - I'll even toss in a couple Kurri, Leech and UD Karyia rookies - both versions... lol..

I don't care about the card anymore - its in my PC now ..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This is a little disconcerting. I'm not surprised that this would slip past QC, but I am concerned that it would be made like this in the first place. Makes you wonder if they occasionally grab an old worthless rookie photo shoot jersey and use it on game-used marked cards, or if the GU jerseys are even of the player advertised.

There is no question though that UD can't be held responsible for a card purchased second-hand, especially in the age of patch-faking.
    Also definitely not the Ebay seller's fault, the card was as-advertised.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

This is a little disconcerting. I'm not surprised that this would slip past QC, but I am concerned that it would be made like this in the first place. Makes you wonder if they occasionally grab an old worthless rookie photo shoot jersey and use it on game-used marked cards, or if the GU jerseys are even of the player advertised.

There is no question though that UD can't be held responsible for a card purchased second-hand, especially in the age of patch-faking.
    Also definitely not the Ebay seller's fault, the card was as-advertised.

The question you raised about the true origins of game used pieces has been lingering for years and not only with Upper Deck. Back in 2001 I pulled a Joe Dimaggio jersey card (a big hit at the time) that was made of polyester. Joe D played in the flannel and cotton era. I called Upper Deck and they explained that the jersey was worn at an event in Cooperstown, NY where he was being honored. Clearly it was not a game worn piece.
    I've also been told that Shield patches, which are 1 of 1's may not have been worn by the player pictured on the card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I didn't ask for a refund because I'm not an assclown and because the card doesn't really bother me.. And to make this topic even better I almost bought another one today just so I could post it here and laugh.. The only reason why I didn't win the auction is because for some reason my internet was slow at the time otherwise I would have won damn card...

Honestly I don't care about the card any longer - it's in my PC now... It's occurred to me that I way overpaid for the card given what recent examples have gone for and that kinda pisses me off but whatever... I mean the most recent patch went for like 40 bucks, and I was prepared to pay it because then I would have 2 out of 25 (ironically the number of the card 2/25) - not only that but a few weeks back I lost out on another one - I think it was 7/25, and I was all in on it... My goal was to buy them all.. You know why? because the more I hoard a limited card the rarer it becomes, not only that but when you average out the price of the collection you can make some significant $$$$..

But I'm fine with the card in my collection.

My beef is that Upper Deck refuses to correct defect they're responsible for - that's all - that's why I'm angry.. I'm an honest guy and an extremely pro-business person and when corporations pull the nonsense UD just pulled it makes businesses look bad.. So UD didn't only insult me, they insulted my politics as well - and none of you posters helped one bit because you basically accused me of manipulating the card - because that's the only possible conclusion to draw when you invoke the secondary market..

It's not exactly like this card is a one-of-a-kind error - they're all like this... I merely wanted to know if Upper Deck would do something about it..

I mean the notion I'm trying to monetarily profit off of UD is asinine... I mean do you have any idea how many awesome cards I have or how large my collection is? ... I mean if I like a card and if I think I can get it at a reasonable price I will.

I wanted this card because it was the first dual McDavid/Matthews UD relic card... I mean who wouldn't want to add a card that has patches of both McDavid and Matthews on it?... But how DARE I expect those patches to be in the proper place on the card?.. Oh right, according to some here I bought the card to "parlay" poor Upper Deck..

If it matters to ANY of you - I originally asked Upper Deck to GIVE ME A CORRECTED VERSION OF THE SAME CARD, they said they couldn't but they could replace it... AND ONLY THEN did I make this thread..

I mean the audacity of some of you is astounding ... Some of you will send damaged commons back to UD while you rub your hands together hoping for something awesome in return and ME - all I wanted was a corrected version.

And like I said - the card doesn't bug me but obviously I would prefer to have a corrected version, but since that wasn't possible I inquired about my odds of getting FAIR VALUE BACK if I chose to send the card back to Upper Deck because I have NEVER sent a card back in my life..

SCF Rewards
    Country

The question you raised about the true origins of game used pieces has been lingering for years and not only with Upper Deck. Back in 2001 I pulled a Joe Dimaggio jersey card (a big hit at the time) that was made of polyester. Joe D played in the flannel and cotton era. I called Upper Deck and they explained that the jersey was worn at an event in Cooperstown, NY where he was being honored. Clearly it was not a game worn piece.
    I've also been told that Shield patches, which are 1 of 1's may not have been worn by the player pictured on the card.

What is to linger?

The back of these SPGU memorabilia cards are pretty blunt ... For instance the the Matthews/McDavid patch clearly states that the material was used by McDavid and Matthews in the All-Star-Skills competition..

Sure, some jersey and patches are vague but many a pretty blunt.. I mean I'm generally satisfied if the back of the card says "This jersey has been certified to have been used in an official NHL game by XXXXX player" ... That's good enough for me.

I mean I just pulled a random jersey card and here is what it says about the jersey on the card:

"Jarome's (Iginla) star continued to rise in 1999-2000, the year he wore this sweater as he reached a career high in goals" etc..

All that card basically says is that Iginla wore that material on the card in 99-00. I mean it doesn't say if he wore it in an NHL game or not - or if he put it on for 2 seconds, took it off and tossed it to Pacific so they could cut it up and make a card out of it..

I think that's why a lot of these earlier memorabilia cards aren't worth much.

IMO, UD does a good job advertising that their memorabilia material cards are game used - because they tell you that the material was game used... I think it would be nice if these card companies went a step further and told you what game the jerseys were used in. I think if they did that it would open up a whole new door to collecting .. I mean for example if a player scored a hat trick in that jersey you can bet that jersey would be more desirable than a jersey where said player didn't do much.... But hey, this is the problem with card companies - they're businesses - not fans and their goal is to sell hockey cards, but they don't really know what makes hockey cards desirable, beyond rarity..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I can't believe that after all this back and forth you sold the card on Ebay without any mention that it was an error. Now THAT is sketchy.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-SP-GU-...MAAOSwNIpcfc2t

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't believe that after all this back and forth you sold the card on Ebay without any mention that it was an error. Now THAT is sketchy.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-SP-GU-All-Star-Skills-Fabrics-Connor-McDavid-Auston-Matthews-DUAL-PATCH-25/133060825789?hash=item1efb0b12bd:g:bGMAAOSwNIpcfc2 t

Sketchy? everyone trying to buy this card already knows it's an error card - they are ALL error cards - there was NEVER a corrected version...

I mean the dude that bought it even mentioned it was an error card..

It only took a week of negotiation for me to sell the damn thing..

So don't even attempt to portray me as dishonest..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234