Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am FAR from an experienced eBay power seller, but I appreciate the mention. I usually sell single cards, never sets, only bulk a couple of times. I always reuse bubble mailers. I have bought some new ones in YEARS. I just sent one out the other day that was used at least TWICE before it got to me. I may be backward on this, but if the card is less than $25, I usually require the buyer to include $3.70 for USPS first class S/H. If the card sell for more that then I always offer free shipping. So like Scott above, I guess I back in the cost of shipping on more valuable cards.

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback!

SCF Rewards
    Country

most of the items were not $1 or $2 inserts mind you but typically I would start my auctions at 2.99 or 3.99 with Free Shipping with the expectation that I would have people buying multiple items. So I was gauging $2.50 to $3 for shipping on any one item.

I would not do this on lower end items as they will probably not sell.

SK

Got it, thanks for the clarification!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

If you want to sell and ship to Canada, disable the Global Shipping Program (GSP) participation in Ebay. That awful thing is probably one of the biggest turn offs for Canadians buyers (the other is the high customs brokerage fees charged by UPS and Fedex). GSP sale pitch is easier for you to sell out of US, but it is actually the opposite, because most buyers will avoid your items and search for an equivalent card with lower shipping costs. Actually, selling with GSP will require you to ship Priority Mail to some Kentucky address. From this warehouse, a freight forwarder will move your stuff two week later to a Toronto area location where they will inject them in the Canadian mail stream. It is not just slow, it hikes up the shipping fees from under $10 by regular mail to $15, 20, 30 and more. The easier way is just to go at the post office and mail it directly to your Canadian buyer. That way, it will attract more potential buyers, because the postage rate will be way more reasonable and the buyer won't usually not be charged any taxes or customs fees.
    Last edited by althib; 06-25-2019 at 02:28 AM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12