Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Panini Peek: 2019 Luminance Football (Preview Gallery)

Full disclosure: In the interest of time (and playing catch-up), we’re dedicating today here at The Knight’s Lance to previewing a few of the newest products that have been solicited by the Panini America sales team in recent weeks. We’re focusing today on two products in particular: 2019 Leather & Lumber Baseball and 2019 Luminance Football. For both products, we’re going to highlight key product information taken directly from the PIS document for each of the products, one post at a time. (We’re also including the actual PIS document for each.)

We began earlier today with 2019 Leather & Lumber Baseball. Now we’re focusing on 2019 Luminance Football. Enjoy the sneak peek and stay tuned for additional details as the release date draws closer.

Release Date: June 7, 2019

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog.h...eview-gallery/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Looks like another great product again for Luminance! 2019 looks as good as 2018 was!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Full disclosure: in the interest of Panini parody (and spreading mockery far and wide), I'm dedicating today here at Sports Card Forum to posting Panini's drivel that has been copy/pasted from previous blog posts that have been solicited by the jplcom creative team in recent minutes. I'm focusing today on two ideas in particular: copy/paste of other blog articles and that example showing how Panini runs their company. For both ideas, I'm going to highlight key facts taken directly from MOE for each of the ideas.

Enjoy the sneak peek and stay tuned for the inevitable full blown Panini blog post naming Luminance one of the greatest products of all-time with wholly original designs featuring on fire rookies, craggy veterans, and ancient legends.

Full disclosure: In the interest of time (and playing catch-up)

Full disclosure: In the interest of time (and playing catch-up)

Full disclosure, copy pasting the very first sentence to your blog is sad.

we’re dedicating today here at The Knight’s Lance to previewing

we’re dedicating today here at The Knight’s Lance to previewing

The dedication of TKL is only surpassed by Panini's dedication for maximum profits at any cost to goodwill from the hobby.

a few of the newest products that have been solicited by the Panini America sales team in recent weeks

in rapid-fire fashion the newest products that have been solicited by the Panini America sales team in recent weeks.

What, Luminance doesn't deserve a preview in rapid-fire fashion? Must be a slow week in the Panini sales department what with everyone hung over from the massive success of Score's photography that won't be beat by any set for the rest of 2019.

For both products, we’re going to highlight key product information taken directly from the PIS document for each of the products, one post at a time.

In order to rectify the situation, we’re going to streamline things here today by highlighting key product information taken directly from the PIS document for each of the products, one post at a time.

I'm grateful this is a situation that doesn't require either rectifying or streamlining. But how many times do I have to say that it is improper to use acronyms without defining it first?

Luminance football is back!

Anything with profit margin will be brought back. It's why there wasn't any 2017 Honors.

Showcasing full-bleed action photography

Sadly this full-bleed action photography is but a pale ghost of what Score can do.

loaded with parallels and inserts of all the top stars and rookies the NFL has to offer

Which can be said for LITERALLY every single other set Panini has ever and will ever make.

Chase the hottest new rookies featuring updated team information from the 2019 NFL Draft

Score didn't have this, seems like they should have called that set Score Draft Picks.

Find stunning inserts at an average of four per box

I'm stunned.

hese inserts feature action photography with unique designs to make for sets that are true must-haves

Crazy how after pumping up Score's action photography Pahnini is tripping over their dicks to praise Luminance's photography. The base minimum for ANY sports card should be good photography!

I get a real 1991 Pro Set Platinum vibe from this set. It's not a bad thing, aside from the obnoxious logo I think the fronts are well done. It got me to thinking about last year's debute of Luminance. I wanted to go back and visit the 2018 pages to see what those cards looked like and what the blog posts stated, yet the links are dead!

https://blog.paniniamerica.net/2018/...all-90-images/

https://blog.paniniamerica.net/2018/...tball-gallery/

Why, it's almost as if Panini only cares about the volume of products they can sell to the hobby and don't take pride in their own work. Oh, they'll take pride in other's people's work like Score, Donruss, and Absolute and give tribute by copy/pasting designs. Sad!

2019 releases

​03-29-2019 - 2019 Prizm Draft Picks
    04-12-2019 - 2018 Honors (????)
    04-19-2019 - 2018 Flawless (????)
    04-25-2019 - 2019 Contenders Draft Picks
    05-01-2019 - 2019 Score Copy/Paste
    (Part 2!)
    05-22-2019 - 2019 Classics Legacy
    06-07-2019 - 2019 Luminance