Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Pricing

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Washington Redskins
    Send PayPal to paypal.me/JBean101 Member is PayPal Verified

Pricing

I guess one of my biggest questions would be how to price the cards. I might think they look good to me but somebody else may not think so. My biggest fear is that somebody buys one of my cards and feels like they over paid for the value they feel the card is worth. The other question if you all could help with is how does everyone collect or make payments is that done through Pay Pal? Or something similar.

Thanks for anyone's help in getting me started and back into the hobby again.

John

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome, unless set fillers, my traders/sellers are 98%+ & a few were gradable, just like I would expect back. Many use paypal, some use money orders, some send cash for small deals, anything above $20 gets a money order from me
    GL collecting & trading/selling here

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

John- Generally speaking, the expectation is that newer cards will be at least Near Mint. On vintage cards, it is better if you have access to a scanner. The PSA website has very specific grading definitions and visual representations.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country

I list all my traders at bk values for trading purposes

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Welcome to the site.

And PayPal is a very common way of paying for things. Quick, easy to use, and offers some protection as well. As for pricing, using places like eBay is good because it can give you a range of what prices people are paying for cards right now.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

Hello and welcome to SCF!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF! I too trade at book value! Selling mostly by sold prices off of EBay!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I look at COMC.com and check prices there too. I will look at a book, as it is easier to go book to book.

Just be honest and use a scanner. If it has a crease, say it. If the corners are dinged say it. I try to scan all of the cards in but on large trades it doesn't always work. I haven't traded as much as alot of people here, but I rarely have an issue with grades or conditions.

I buy cards all the time, alot of us feel our cards are worth more than they really are, It's the hobby. If the book says $40, but I can buy it for $5 on-line, is it really worth $40? Especially if the corners are dinged . (I see a lot of new memorabilia cards that are thick, but are on soft cardboard where the corners are dinged out of the package or while being put into a sleeve!.)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome to SCF!!!

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome to SCF John, enjoy yourself here and have fun!