Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I'm pretty sure the new Eichel cards will have "2018-19" printed on the back. I'd be shocked if they didn't.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm pretty sure the new Eichel cards will have "2018-19" printed on the back. I'd be shocked if they didn't.

I expect them to as well, but I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if UD printed off both versions in 15-16 - on the off chance something could be worked out - and now they're just using the cards that have been sitting in their vault for all these years.

And I kinda wonder if that's what's going on - because they're using the same card number. This isn't a "tribute" Rookie Card, where it's going some off numbering, and is clearly an insert from a few years later.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Same card number or not, they would be easily distinguishable from the original. At least, that's what I assume. I guess it's all speculation right now. I won't be buying one, but I'm curious to see one.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Same card number or not, they would be easily distinguishable from the original. At least, that's what I assume. I guess it's all speculation right now. I won't be buying one, but I'm curious to see one.

COA on the back for the autographed version, that would be the way to know.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Easily distinguishable ? Yes. The front of the card won't even be the same (ignoring the actual auto). The originals say "Future Watch" while the new ones (like others in the set) say "Autographed Future Watch). They are very clearly different cards.

It's not a question of "can I tell the difference between the two Eichel cards?" My question is: "in 2028, will someone be able to tell, by reading the back of the card, that the autographed version was packed out 3 years later... and isn't like every other autographed card in the set?"

I say "packed out" rather than "produced" because I really wonder if UD printed these cards 3 years ago, and has just been holding onto them until they could get them signed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

The back would have to say "2018-19", and that's how you tell. If they just came out of a vault after sitting for 3 years and actually say "2015-16" then yes, I agree, that's a major problem.
    Last edited by subban7677; 05-27-2019 at 11:12 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

COA on the back for the autographed version, that would be the way to know.

I agree, this is probably what they will do.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

something that I think is being overlooked, and I may not have all the info so I apologize in advance for that but.........its not just the two players who were leaf exclusives that are being re released with an auto the checklist also includes:

Base Set - Autographed Future Watch 152 Luke Kunin - Minnesota Wild XRC #/ 999
    Base Set - Autographed Future Watch 155 Jake DeBrusk - Boston Bruins XRC #/ 999
    Base Set - Autographed Future Watch 163 Martin Necas - Carolina Hurricanes XRC #/ 999

these 3 card were originally released as non auto but now have an auto version. Whole nother can of worms here I think, this is opening the door for any cards they did not get signed to be re-released in the future ie dahlin steel etc from this years set being issued next year or who knows when
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

something that I think is being overlooked, and I may not have all the info so I apologize in advance for that but.........its not just the two players who were leaf exclusives that are being re released with an auto the checklist also includes:

Base Set - Autographed Future Watch 152 Luke Kunin - Minnesota Wild XRC #/ 999
    Base Set - Autographed Future Watch 155 Jake DeBrusk - Boston Bruins XRC #/ 999
    Base Set - Autographed Future Watch 163 Martin Necas - Carolina Hurricanes XRC #/ 999

these 3 card were originally released as non auto but now have an auto version. Whole nother can of worms here I think, this is opening the door for any cards they did not get signed to be re-released in the future ie dahlin steel etc from this years set being issued next year or who knows when

I did miss that the first time around, thanks.

This is even more curious....... and, IMO, more worrisome.

For a couple of former #1 picks, I could totally see Upper Deck printing new cards to go into this seasons set. Does anyone believe that someone at Upper Deck decided that it was a crying shame that Luke Kunin never had an autographed future watch, so they're making new cards to right that wrong?

Should I now assume that for many players - UD runs off two copies of the card (one says 'Autographed', one does not) and they'll pack out the unsigned one, if they don't get the signed one back in time?

Put me down for expecting all five of these cards to look exactly how cards looked when they were packed out.... i.e. there will be no reference to 18-19 anywhere on the cards.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

They did that for the Lehkonen last year as well, release an auto version after the rookie was not autoed...kind of a way to get collectors to spend more I guess. habs fans wanted the rookie but will also want the auto version

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast