Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Pittsburgh Panthers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Cool Pittsburgh Panthers

Who here thinks Mike Tranghese's favorite team is Pittsburgh right now?

Since most likely Miami nor VT will play for the National Championship... how sweet would that be for Tranghese (Big East Commish if you didn't know) for the BCS rep from the Big East be Pittsburgh Panthers... the team staying with the Big East.

Also rooting for Larry Fitzgerald to win the Heisman... he'll definitely be the poster child of the new Big East next year.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Larry Fitzgerald is easily the best player in college football, but you know and I know the voters will choose a quarterback this year that's sitting in Norman. Granted, OK is undefeated and the best team in the country, but that doesn't mean he is the most outstanding player. Here's my top three...

1. Larry Fitzgerald
    2. Philip Rivers
    3. Jason White

SCF Rewards
    Country

2 Huge nationally telivised games coming up... VT and Miami. If Larry puts up numbers in those games like he did today, I don't see how those guys can not vote for Larry.

Still have 4 more games (plus a Bowl Game also) and his stats right now :

53 Receptions
    1018 Yards
    15 TD's

It'll be a real shame if they screw this kid over.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You know they will....in the voters minds, a wide receiver is a piece of the puzzle where the qb is the field general....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jimmy-the-saintpsu's Items on eBay

Go Va Tech. Anytime Pitt loses is a good day for me (damn I want the rivalry back).

Penn State plays at Northwestern on Saturday (game is on ESPN2 at noon). This is the first time in years I am scared to play NW. They are actually ahead of us in the standings and could go to a bowl game. However, after the way we played the Bucknuts we should be favored coming into this game. Hopefully we can win at least one Big Ten game before we whitewash the Hoosiers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by enigma_shadow
    You know they will....in the voters minds, a wide receiver is a piece of the puzzle where the qb is the field general....

I really hope the Heisman voters were watching the Tech vs Pitt game and see that Larry is SO much more than just a guy who catches balls.

Larry was used as a decoy the whole game since he was double covered. This left flares out of the backfield and tight end over the middle wide open all day. It also left our other receiver (a nice size senior) singled up all game. He was easily able to get open.

When the time came though... Larry was there to take over. He had 3 receptions for 49 yards of the final 70 yard winning TD drive at the end of the game.

Also... I think this was a chance for voters to see exactly what kind of guy Larry is. He'd make play after play... did he get up and celebrate? NO... when he scored a touchdown, what does he always do? Gives the ball immediately to the ref and heads for the sidelines. When someone else on the team makes a play, he's first over to help the guy up and congradulate him on his great play. Larry is not only a superstar, he attitude pushes him above just being the best college player in the nation... it makes him immortal. He will be remembered for years and years. In the future when there's a great college receiver, he's going to be compared to Larry. It's been such a pleasure watching him play the last 2 years and hopefully (barring Clarett getting into the draft) I'll have another season to see the best player in the nation.

SCF Rewards

hey Iggy ----

looking into the future -- do you feel Fitzgerald has the passion and desire to become the next Jerry Rice?

I only ask b/c I thought Randy "I play when I wanna play" Moss was going to be the next Rice

and then Charles Rogers

SCF Rewards
    Country

He might not be the next Jerry Rice because there'll never be another Jerry Rice...

but he will have a long, promising NFL career.