Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards

Angry eBay feedbacks: when people don't leave them

I don't know about the rest of you, but I get frustrated sometimes when people don't leave feedback when they purchase something off me on eBay. To me the feedback is like a receipt so when both feedbacks are completed on both ends you kind of get the feeling the transaction is "completed".

I always leave feedback as it's a good way to track everything you've done on eBay personally. It only takes like a 5 seconds to type a generic Good, A + + + +, etc...... so it baffles my mind why some people are too lazy to even do that.

SCF Rewards

Well I give you an A+++++++ post. Would read again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

I have now instituted the policy of I'll leave feedback after you do. This saves me from getting negatives on my feedback because someone was a jackass.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe it is the seller's responsibility to leave feedback first. As the buyer fulfilled their part of the deal first. I do think it's fine to wait until the buyer confirms that they received the product so the seller at least has some documentation that all went well, or has the opportunity to remedy it.

I have only had to leave a negative once. It was as a buyer. I purchased insurance and paid but never received the item. The seller never returned e-mails and after 3 months I left a neg. I promptly was given retaliatory feedback which royaly pissed me off. But I felt it warranted letting people know that he scammed me.
    -Patrick

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

It really does tick me off too when people don't leave feedback. There was probably 75 transactions that people didn't leave. That is a lot since I have only done about 350 transactions on Ebay. It takes 10 seconds at most!

SCF Rewards

Originally posted by elizardo_ramirez
    Well I give you an A+++++++ post. Would read again.

LOL.

I agree though that yes, the SELLER should always leave the feedback first, but I wonder why the person doesn't leave one for the seller.

I've stated it in the past in my ME profile, besides e-maling the seller which takes up more time, why not leave a simple feedback so that you know the buyer received their item?

I have lost a few feedbacks too, but no matter what happens, at least I'll still leave em.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Molina00's Items on eBay

I think most of my transactions I have gotten feedback for but a few I haven't. I just noticed today that someone just left feedback for an item I won from him a few weeks ago. I guess some people just forget or get a little busy. Now here on SCF, I might be in the 180's if everyone had left feedback for me that was supposed to. Maybe even higher.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers Toronto Blue Jays Philadelphia Flyers
    See sealedpwr's Items on eBay

I know i have Purchased alot from ebay and only have a feedback of 15, So i stopped and when i send payment i alway's include a note that tells the seller that if they would like Feedback from me , I would like feedback once payment has arrived. and i will then leave feedback for them.

Seems to have worked lately.

SCF Rewards

Off topic slightly, but does anyone know who has the greatest about of feedbacks in general on eBay?

For registered users that is, I'm guessing maybe 25,000???

If anyone has 6 figure feedbacks, they must have started since eBay's inception in 1995-96.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Molina00's Items on eBay

Or they run some kind of ebay business that sells a few hundred items a day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast