Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawks Lose!!

Country

heres the 1 word see the capital letters that describes why the Hawks can't get it done

Cheap shots way to many cheap shots
    Over persuit of the puck
    Managment Joe quinville you should be fired
    Penaltys umm ya what a joke
    Over confident young team finding out what reality is
    Soft goaltending Baby Poo soft
    Underacheiving Kane and Toews not enough alone
    Restraint they have absolute 0
    Even strength out manned and out classed

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

Philly/holmgren will do whatever it takes to get the salary room needed for a goalie. Rumors are they are looking to move Briere/lupol/Carle for cap space. A big rumor is briere for carey price. I don't think it will happen, but that would put us under the cap big tiem since briere makes a bucket of cash

Huet for Briere, great just what the Hawks need. Another undersized winger..

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

umm im not trying to be cocky but i know i couldve stopped them. it was just BRUTAL watching huet.

Well if you can stop then you should be in the NHL at some point. Saying you can seriously stop them is a statement. As not many of us have played or even been close to the NHL level. That a bold statement to state.

As always the goalie is taking all the blame. But let not forget it not like his team was playing some D either as they jumped the attack and left a 2 on 1. They threw him and Corey under the bus with 5 on 3's and not many goalies are going to be able to keep a good team like the wings out of hte goal. So hate to lay all the blame on Huet. As for overrated perhaps but let not judge it all by one game on the major stage.

DOn

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

Well if you can stop then you should be in the NHL at some point. Saying you can seriously stop them is a statement. As not many of us have played or even been close to the NHL level. That a bold statement to state.

As always the goalie is taking all the blame. But let not forget it not like his team was playing some D either as they jumped the attack and left a 2 on 1. They threw him and Corey under the bus with 5 on 3's and not many goalies are going to be able to keep a good team like the wings out of hte goal. So hate to lay all the blame on Huet. As for overrated perhaps but let not judge it all by one game on the major stage.

DOn

Don,
    as a goalie those are pretty easy shots. Franzens was a good shot and yes you could say a screen but he saw that at least almost the whole way and he should have stopped it. The 2nd one where hossa was in close and went blocker side was weak too. huet has some slowwwwwww hands

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

DOn

Having seen just about evey Hawks game this year, the way Huet looked today was the way he looked in about 90% of the games he played in this year. Yes, he hasn't played in about in a month, but I don't think thats an excuse. Like I said in another post, the team plays completly different when Huet is in goal. It's like they have no confidence in him. He gets beaten up high ALOT plus he gives up lots of juicy rebounds.

I am not looking forward to him being the #1 goalie next year.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Philly/holmgren will do whatever it takes to get the salary room needed for a goalie. Rumors are they are looking to move Briere/lupol/Carle for cap space. A big rumor is briere for carey price. I don't think it will happen, but that would put us under the cap big tiem since briere makes a bucket of cash

No thanks. A disgustingly-overpaid injury prone jerk for The Franchise would be a deal that would be bad enough to make me change allegiances.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See G0SHARKSG0's Items on eBay

well, its looking like we will have a repeat stanley cup finals.......oh well, this years outcome will be different. I dont think Detroits goaltending has a chance against geno and crosby. Osgood will get pummeled just like huet did in this game

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See todtz1979's Items on eBay

well, its looking like we will have a repeat stanley cup finals.......oh well, this years outcome will be different. I dont think Detroits goaltending has a chance against geno and crosby. Osgood will get pummeled just like huet did in this game

i second that

Country

This is Osgood not Nabby he will be just fine, outcome will be the same cindy and geno will be shut down just like last year. Nobody in the east plays defense, and they can't handle the shut down defense against a west team, not to mention Fleury he's a joke.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Don,
    as a goalie those are pretty easy shots. Franzens was a good shot and yes you could say a screen but he saw that at least almost the whole way and he should have stopped it. The 2nd one where hossa was in close and went blocker side was weak too. huet has some slowwwwwww hands

Connie is a goalie and she disagreed with ya as well. By you just making a statement that you can stop those 100 percent then you should be in the NHL. It simple as that. As Connie explained how the play broke down and that the shot was quickly as well. Of course the Analyst at the time said he smaller and should have been playing farther out hence the results.

Saying they are easy is different than saying you would stop them. As your basically saying in that situation you would stop them all the time. Just look at all the goofs that occur (missed shots on open nets, bouncing pucks the length of the ice, etc). Things happen and unless we are in the position there no way 100 percent you can say you would stop them. Of course your a goalie and I am not so not going to pretend any expertise there as well I will let others that play the position state that like Connie did.

Why would you say Osgood will get pummeled. Are these not pretty much the same teams that met last year? What has changed on your roster compared with the Wings. Just like to know why you think the wings will get pummeled. Can it happen sure but I don't think it going to be easy for either team.

D
    O
    N

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast