Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dak Prizm = Autopen

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (179)
    Country
    See ctkenjr's Items on eBay

so does this make my actual on card autos of him more valuable? Or less since people are ticked at him...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cardscardzcard5's Items on eBay

my guess is the legit autos will rise because now they are seen as more scarce and the demand is still there for him even if others might be upset.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Dak Prescott ... what a scumbag! I can see an established superstar like Shaq being sick of signing autos for the past 20 years using an agent to sign for him (as is alleged) but even that is disgusting ... however to think a non-1st round pick would use an autopen is just absurd.

There have been many reports about Dak being a jerk and extremely entitled and this seems to prove such reports are true.

What he did is a CRIME ... passing off forgeries as legitimate autos is a criminal act ... the kid should get in trouble with the law and get suspended for actual games imho!

By the way ... I have never bought or sold a single Dak card so I don't have a horse in this race ... I just despise unethical behavior.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Uh oh the mainstream media has even picked up on the story now. Not good as this is going to make all autograph cards look bad because of this even though Dak is the only one to blame. I mean it isn't a good sign that a rookie is already tired of signing autographs....
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hason-jason's Items on eBay

Uh oh the mainstream media has even picked up on the story now. Not good as this is going to make all autograph cards look bad because of this even though Dak is the only one to blame. I mean it isn't a good sign that a rookie is already tired of signing autographs....

I posted a thread earlier this year about Falcons 1st rd pick Tak McKinley may have Auto's not certified in panini products. Wonder which ones, I pulled a Tak from Elite Draft Picks today, wondering if it's legit or not, just says Takk.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I posted a thread earlier this year about Falcons 1st rd pick Tak McKinley may have Auto's not certified in panini products. Wonder which ones, I pulled a Tak from Elite Draft Picks today, wondering if it's legit or not, just says Takk.

Not that the Tak story isn't a big one but honestly your average joe probably hasn't heard of him. Dak was one of the most popular rookies last year and was a major chase for Panini products. Your average football fan knows who he is hence why ESPN picked up on the story. He is a big draw and if all his autographs turn out to be "fake" it is going to be a big negative for the hobby. I know this stuff has kind of happened in other sports over the years and whatnot but I can't really recall somebody of this caliber being questioned (though I guess the jury is still out on some Shaq autographs?).

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

To BGS' credit, they refused to slab Dak's prizm cards as Steve Grad caught the autopen right away! It's really not the hard to catch if one knows what they're doing ... the Shaq case, where he supposedly was having an agent sign for him is more difficult ....

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (179)
    Country
    See ctkenjr's Items on eBay

I have heard stories of players having friends over and a few beers later they are all signing his cards for him, kinda stinks for the hobby.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

so does this make my actual on card autos of him more valuable? Or less since people are ticked at him...

I think if you get yours slabbed it will be worth more ... if a bunch of his are fakes that can't be slabbed I would think that would increase the value on the real ones to Dak and Cowboys collectors.

I also don't think this will hurt the values of real Dak autos at all as the only people who will think he's a jerk are probably people who were never Dak or Cowboy fans in the first place, so you should be all-good.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hason-jason's Items on eBay

Not that the Tak story isn't a big one but honestly your average joe probably hasn't heard of him. Dak was one of the most popular rookies last year and was a major chase for Panini products. Your average football fan knows who he is hence why ESPN picked up on the story. He is a big draw and if all his autographs turn out to be "fake" it is going to be a big negative for the hobby. I know this stuff has kind of happened in other sports over the years and whatnot but I can't really recall somebody of this caliber being questioned (though I guess the jury is still out on some Shaq autographs?).

Agreed just wondering what people think I should do about th McKinley auto I got, just says Takk in blue ink.

would,suck if all of his autos turned out,to be fakes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast