Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (30)
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    See maxdog_23's Items on eBay

Newbie break... LMK what you think

Hi all! I've been trying to get my BF into collecting and he is a baseball fan so I bought him a box of 08 UD Series 2 1/2 off at Kmart-- just something small to spark his interest. He asked me to post it up and tell him how he did, so here are his hits:

UD Jersey David Ortiz (books for $10 but not such a great season :( )

RCs:
    Brian Bocock
    Alex Romero
    Matt Tupman
    Denard Span

Season Highlights:
    Kevin Youkilis
    Johan Santana
    Jake Peavy
    CC Sabathia
    Jose Reyes
    John Lackey

Superstar Scrapbooks:
    A Rod
    Chase Utley

USA Baseball 2007 Junior Team Tyler Hibbs

Yankee Stadium Legacy:
    Yogi Berra YSL 2945
    Tony Kubek YSL 2970

Starquest:
    Commons- Randy Johnson, Russell Martin, Felix Hernandez, Jeff Francoeur, Cole Hamels

Uncommons: Vernon Wells, Derrek Lee

Rare: Derrek Lee

Super Rare: Felix Hernandez

Ultra Rare: Ken Griffey Jr. (there is a scratch off thing on the back-- what are these cards for? And are they worth anything?)

So there it is :)

Can you guys help him out and let him know how he did? I believe he will trade these, thanks guys!

Heather
    Always looking for Base, Inserts, RC, GU, Autos:
    James Casey (formerly Broncos NFL, Eagles NFL, Texans NFL)
    LOOKING FOR JAMES CASEY 2009 TOPPS FINEST NAMEPLATES /10

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well it wasn't a GREAT box, but thats what you have to expect from retail. Not terrible as no matter how bad Papi plays, he is a Sox, and the nation will have some interests in it. Span in my opinion is a good rookie to get. I think he'll have some big years in Minnesota. The Berra Stadium Legacy is a good one since they pretty much made every yankee in those cards, so the bigger the name the better. You gotta take him to the card store, show him all the singles and the things you can pull, then he'll probably get into it haha. UD series are pretty much loaded with base, but its a good place to start.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (30)
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers

Well it wasn't a GREAT box, but thats what you have to expect from retail. Not terrible as no matter how bad Papi plays, he is a Sox, and the nation will have some interests in it. Span in my opinion is a good rookie to get. I think he'll have some big years in Minnesota. The Berra Stadium Legacy is a good one since they pretty much made every yankee in those cards, so the bigger the name the better. You gotta take him to the card store, show him all the singles and the things you can pull, then he'll probably get into it haha. UD series are pretty much loaded with base, but its a good place to start.

Thanks for the feedback :) from what I can tell, he is definitely more into just getting nice base than the inserts, etc. But that is as of right now, who knows after we go to the LCS

Thanks,

Heather

BTW, do you know what the deal is with the Starquest cards?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think they are codes that you can enter into the website. I'm not really sure what you can get for it to be honest haha, never really looked. But from what I am looking at now, it might be some game you can play on upper deck kids website

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (30)
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers

I think they are codes that you can enter into the website. I'm not really sure what you can get for it to be honest haha, never really looked. But from what I am looking at now, it might be some game you can play on upper deck kids website

OK, thanks for the info :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

not a great box, but not to bad either,i would say it was a decent box and he should be happy with the box

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See schwood's Items on eBay

Would have been good for me...

I would have loved this box if I busted it. Just for the Papi GU. If you want to trade anything out of this stuff, I would be interested in these two...

UD Jersey David Ortiz
    Season Highlights: Kevin Youkilis

Send me a PM if you have any interest and LMK what you might need in return.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

As good as can be for a retail break
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283