Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 38 of 181 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940414888138 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

More Favretastic additions as usual....

Well he is my Favrite player!
    Would be a good idea. Duflex was something different and would actually be a nice insert.

I'm a fan if the smaller cards as well. I like the look of the 1948 Leaf throw back.

Okay, I'll have to do it when I get around to it.
    when your ready to sell me that beautiful super swatch just let me know :) will this collection ever end? Great Work!

It won't be any time soon that I'll be selling it - besdies you already got one!
    Nice low-numbered patches OZTATAR! Those star gazing sets have some great looking patches and I think everyone who has a 08 rookie threads super swatch hides them or something, I hardly see anything from that set, very nice cards!

Yeah, they are not easy to find!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Okay. Some early Playoff cards from the 1990s.

Back in the 1990s playoff was quite innovative with their cards too, and produced some very high value insert sets.

The first Playoff set to garner a lot of attention for it's inserts was 1994 Playoff Contenders. The Back-toback insert set contained 2 different players on different sides of the cards, with some being worth at the time in excess of $100. This is the front of the Favre:

This is the back with LeShon Johnson, the Packers 3rd Round Running back draft pick that year:

In 1995 Playoff put out Playoff Absolute and Playoff Prime. The checklists were the same, but the cards were slightly different and they had different inserts. They also introduced 'leather' cards, the Pigskin Previews set found in both sets. Unfortunately there was no Favre in the set. Absolute also had the Quad series. Cards that had 2 different players on one side and 2 more on the other. The set contained 50 cards and there was 1 per box. As a result some of these cards were worth hundreds of dollars after their release, inclduing the Favre card which had Troy Aikman, Drew Bledsoe and best of all Rick Mirer on it. Here is the front:

Here is the back:

Absolute also had the Die Cut Helmet insert. This is the Favre:

Playoff Prime, instead of the Quads, had a mini parallel version found 1 in every 7 packs. Here is the Favre:

It also had the Fantasy Team insert. The scan doesn't do the card justice:

1995 Playoff Contenders bought back the back to back insert set. This time Favre was paired with John Elway. Here is the front:

Here is the back:

It also had the Hog Heaven insert set which contained a piece of leather. Here is the Favre:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some on jersey/patch cards from 2005 Exquisite.

This is on jersey and is numbered out of 15:

This is on a 1 colored patch and is numbered out of 5 (and unfortunately in a Beckett holder. It graded a 9, but the corners aren't the best, shows how goo BGS is! I haven't risked busting it out given what it cost):

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some more mini cards.

Topps actually wasn't the first to bring back the Mayo cards. In the Donruss 2002 Gridiron set there was an insert set called 'Gridiron 1984' based on the Mayo set from 1894. Here is the Favre card numbered out of 1000:

This Favre is from the 2004 Topps Pristine set:

This comes from the 2008 Goudey set and is numbered out of 99:

This Favre is the mini from the 2008 Topps Mayo set:

This is the National Chicle insert from 2009 Upper Deck Philadelphia:

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really like those exquisites, 05 was a good year, and I remember how hot those contenders were back in the day, I had forgotten about them until I saw your post. I really like that mini goudy that's a cool card, it looks alot like those sports kings gum cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really like those exquisites, 05 was a good year, and I remember how hot those contenders were back in the day, I had forgotten about them until I saw your post. I really like that mini goudy that's a cool card, it looks alot like those sports kings gum cards.

Thanks. Yeah Playoff cards were the bees knees back in the mid 1990s.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now some patches from 2009 National treasures.

This 'prime' patch spelling out Packers is numbered out of 8. Unfortunately I should have another card that had almost the same patch, but it was lost in the post:

This 'prime' patch spelling out Favre is numbered out of 15:

This is also a 'prime' patch spelling out Favre is numbered out of 15:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome NT's - the one in the middle is just gorgeous!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pootshwan's Items on eBay

Honestly, one of the best collections I've seen of any player. Awesome collection! Thanks for sharing this for everyones viewing pleasure.

Steve

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See road_runner_1964's Items on eBay

I greatly remember all the Playoff. I bought tons of that stuff, I still have my sets that I hand collated.

Page 38 of 181 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940414888138 ... LastLast