Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Thread: My first attempts...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok, it's been awhile since I've done something new. Came up with this idea based off the old "Tall Boy" hockey sets, and it will be my first set where I put a front AND a back on a card. They'll be 4.5 X 2.5. I'm also having a really hard time getting a nice dragan effect on the players. Just can't seem to get my hand on it.

Anyway, here's a peek at my new set. I also have a booklet I'm working on and another cut of a deceased player I'm nervous to cut up. We'll see what happens. (I'm noticing I need to clean Dez up a little, too.)

I love the look of this card, it is one of the best looking customs I have ever seen. I think the effect on the player is perfect to match the rest of the card.
    Most people that are using the dragan effect on their cards are getting the effect with a plugin called Topaz Adjust.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

I love the look of this card, it is one of the best looking customs I have ever seen. I think the effect on the player is perfect to match the rest of the card.
    Most people that are using the dragan effect on their cards are getting the effect with a plugin called Topaz Adjust.

I'm flattered, Bigga. My stuff isn't in the same league with your creations. I'm humbled you like it.

I'll go search for the plugin and how to install and use it.

I found a dragan effect action for photoshop that walks me through the process. I used it & turned out well for Dez on this card, but I tried it with another photo and was really disappointed with how that picture turned out. It's probably one of those things that will only improve as I play with it more and gain more experience using it. I just have to be patient.

But I'll definitely find the Topaz Adjust & see how it works. Thanks for the tip.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Chicago Bears Atlanta Braves San Antonio Spurs
    See brandon15marshall's Items on eBay

Ok, it's been awhile since I've done something new. Came up with this idea based off the old "Tall Boy" hockey sets, and it will be my first set where I put a front AND a back on a card. They'll be 4.5 X 2.5. I'm also having a really hard time getting a nice dragan effect on the players. Just can't seem to get my hand on it.

Anyway, here's a peek at my new set. I also have a booklet I'm working on and another cut of a deceased player I'm nervous to cut up. We'll see what happens. (I'm noticing I need to clean Dez up a little, too.)

Thats a good looking Dez card!
    Super Collecting Brandon Marshall, Greg Salas, Mike Davis. Collecting Roy Williams WR, Ottis Anderson, Mike Alstott.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Been in a creative funk for awhile... but finally have some juices flowing again. I'm putting together a few different sets, getting a little more ambitious. Here's a couple samples... as always, I would love any comments.

First, I'm still working on the Standing Tall set like above... these are pretty involved and I'm really struggling with the back to back printing. But, I'm getting closer.

Second, I found this band, 3 Years Hollow, and have just been blown away by their music. I've made some cards for them, will be sending the cards to them soon.

I've updated my Ticket to Stardom Series again. Mr. Neshek is always the recipient of this series. Going to try to add a back to them this year, too.

I put together another Bears set... going to try to double side this one, too.

And finally, another Blackhawks set... methinks it's one of my favorite designs yet.

Don't know why some of these files are so huge...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So, the beginning of 2015 saw my portable hard drive take a crap and I lost everything. All my templates, past designs... going to have to start from scratch.

Put together a new Bears set.

I like the way it turned out.

Going to have to rebuild some of my cards for my All-Time Cubs set from the ground up... that'll be the tricky part.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Chicago Bears Atlanta Braves San Antonio Spurs
    See brandon15marshall's Items on eBay

Looking good, and once that ink is on, it will be set.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mcneck5's Items on eBay

Nice job

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Been awhile since I had a really creative burst, so I wanted to design/redesign a couple of sets for 2016. Got the first one finished the other day... now just need to start sending them out.

I revamped my Ticket to Stardom Set. This year I made them double sided to add a little bio. Here's an example:

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Finished a project I've been working on for awhile today. I had a signed copy of Lou Boudreau's biography for awhile and I finally was able to make a cut custom from it. I'd tried a couple times before and have really struggled to get it together, but finally got it to look right this week.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I had designed this set originally in 2014, but lost it all in a hard drive failure. I've rebooted it for 2016, and will use it for Chicago Bears and Chicago Blackhawks TTM & IP opportunities.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast