Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

RGM81 & 30ranfordfan i am not a free speech warrior. i am not political at all. i dont believe democracy truly exists.
    but i am over 60 and i have seen things from within other countries. we in North America have it good right now. BUT
    the point i am trying to make is that wake up and look around you, you are losing your freedoms and if Joe O'Biden has his way in november i shudder to think what other freedoms, constitutional rights will become only memories. starting with the first, and then the second ammendments
    it has to start somewhere, why not with speech and only a blind person doesnt see the end coming.
    no offense intended - i am speaking about the masses, not you specifically
    but if nobody speaks up, well then the world changes.. and change isnt always for the better.

also i never enjoyed listening to Milbury either and often wondered what qualified him to be an analyst lol
    couldnt play, couldnt coach, couldnt manage so make him an "expert"

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

a big +1

See whats happened now that you can no longer spank your children? They grew up to be a generation of whiners!!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Welcome to the 21st Century, where everyone is offended by something!! Every day its something else!! I sure miss the old days, when life was much simpler. See whats happened now that you can no longer spank your children? They grew up to be a generation of whiners!!
    All you have to do is scroll through FaceBook for a few minutes to see what i mean.

But at least we have the capacity to tell our children, nieces and nephews, that we love them.

Way to take a stand on slapping kids around.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does anyone else see the irony in 2 of the bigger complainers in the hockey forums complaining about other people complaining?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 1965Belvedere2's Items on eBay

RGM81 & 30ranfordfan i am not a free speech warrior. i am not political at all. i dont believe democracy truly exists.
    but i am over 60 and i have seen things from within other countries. we in North America have it good right now. BUT
    the point i am trying to make is that wake up and look around you, you are losing your freedoms and if Joe O'Biden has his way in november i shudder to think what other freedoms, constitutional rights will become only memories. starting with the first, and then the second ammendments
    it has to start somewhere, why not with speech and only a blind person doesnt see the end coming.
    no offense intended - i am speaking about the masses, not you specifically
    but if nobody speaks up, well then the world changes.. and change isnt always for the better.

also i never enjoyed listening to Milbury either and often wondered what qualified him to be an analyst lol
    couldnt play, couldnt coach, couldnt manage so make him an "expert"

always get a chuckle when someone from another Country gives their two cents on another Countries politics.stop with the Fox News fear baiting,no one is coming after guns,freedom of speech or religion.please don't drink the kool aid.
    Last edited by messier#11; 08-24-2020 at 08:58 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

always get a chuckle when someone from another Country gives their two cents on another Countries politics.stop with the Fox News fear baiting,no one is coming after guns,freedom of speech or religion.please don't drink the kool aid.

That's incorrect actually, democrats have been aiming to remove guns from society for a while now. Secondly people with a conservative voice have been shuttered and attacked in the recent years so yes they are coming after it. All you have to do is look at what facebook, youtube, and twitter do. No offense but the only fear baiting going on right now is democratic media with corona and anytime a white person does something to a black person or a cop on black person. Media is absolute garbage in America you name the outlet Cnn NBC ABC Fox its all biased trash. So I'm going to assume you drink the koolaid of one of those outlets as well.

I agree Mike is a terrible analyst. However, if the reason he was fired was due to what he said it shows how biased they are. There was nothing wrong with what he said and if saying something like that can take you down I'm scared to see where we go from here.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

[Ialways get a chuckle when someone from another Country gives their two cents on another Countries politics.stop with the Fox News fear baiting,no one is coming after guns,freedom of speech or religion.please don't drink the kool aid.][/I]

what flavor is your kool aid,

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

As I've often had to tell online free speech warriors, freedom of expression doesn't mean freedom from consequences. NBC is not, last I checked, an arm of the federal government. It is a private corporation and it has a responsibility to protect its shareholders from embarrassment and the types of situations where there can be blowback against the organization. As others in this thread have stated, Milbury was long past his best-before date (just like Don Cherry) and regularly said things that were dumb, out of touch, and ignorant. There are so many talented young hockey analysts who are chomping at the bit to take the reins and lead the game in a progressive direction that will advance the values of openness and inclusion that the game is seeking.

It's sad to me that you think you "will prolly be banned for this" because, no. You're allowed to be on the wrong side of the fence.

I agree with what you said RGM. I think what he is saying is that what Milbury said wasn't insensitive, rude, nasty, or harmful in any way. IMO what he said was a fact in that women are a distraction to men. If he hadn't said that he would not be fired. To me and icefields this was the reason he was let go (yes I know he has a history) and if something like this gets you canned theres something wrong with the direction we are going. I don't like Milbury I thought he should have been replaced a while ago, however this every comment is offensive thing has gone to far.

My man Icefields (some little and subtle advice for you from someone who is on the same side as you I think? lol) you need to state you opinions in a more intelligent and clearer manner. I agree with a lot of what you said or were trying to say. You come off as far-right and when you say things in the way that you did you are leaving yourself wide open for attacks. I don't think any of your points were wrong and Id be able to easily defend them all with facts. All l I'm saying is the way you worded and typed that is a little off and if you had done it differently it would be more well received and balanced.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Really? Big difference between slapping someone around & discipline. Thats a comment meant for the record books lol..

But at least we have the capacity to tell our children, nieces and nephews, that we love them.

Way to take a stand on slapping kids around.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 1965Belvedere2's Items on eBay

[Ialways get a chuckle when someone from another Country gives their two cents on another Countries politics.stop with the Fox News fear baiting,no one is coming after guns,freedom of speech or religion.please don't drink the kool aid.][/I]

what flavor is your kool aid,

registered Republican since 1984.changed to registered Independent in 2008 after i realized what the Republican party became and systematically destroyed Unions and blew up the National every time they got in the White House.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast