Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

To make it simple: it has nothing to do with any "political party. Voting is the RIGHT of ALL U.S.A. people who are eligible to vote. It is, and should REMAIN, an individual decision of ALL ELIGIBLE citizens whether he/she should voye and who they vote for. The President, and no one else, has the RIGHT to FORCE VOTING. When that happens we will no longer have a nation based on FREEDOM. This type of VOTING (forced) has been in countries/nations where the people have no choice, and in some cases with only one name on the ballot with NO space for a write in vote. So, if this is what the U.S. government decides to do I'd suggest that WE THE PEOPLE revolt and establish a NEW Free Nation. Such a thing as having a mandatory vote is just as bad as having to pay taxes with NO REPRESENTATION, which brought on the REVOLUTIONARY WAR.

As I stated on another thread in this forum, our country is in a state of decline and WE THE PEOPLE need to step up and stop it. If not, the most powerful nation in the world will no longer exist as such. If you don't believe it, look at what happened to mighty powers in the past throughout history.

Have a good day.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Why do you insist on "going to the extreme" with every scenario? There are democracies that make voting mandatory. Suggesting that the US will go to a mandatory system and then restrict the names on the ballot anymore than they already do is insane. Why can it not just be as simple as; you want to live in the US you have to obey the laws, you have to pay your taxes & you have to vote. That last one has nothing more to do with FREEDOM, than the other two do.

It really isn't a big deal.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

Why do you keep getting involved since you live in Canada? This issue is of concern to the RIGHTS of the citizens of the U.S.A., not Canada. For a Canadian it isn't any type of "deal". Have a good afternoon.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

As I stated on another thread in this forum, our country is in a state of decline and WE THE PEOPLE need to step up and stop it. If not, the most powerful nation in the world will no longer exist as such.

I agree with this statement but the issue is agreeing on what needs to change.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Why do you keep getting involved since you live in Canada? This issue is of concern to the RIGHTS of the citizens of the U.S.A., not Canada. For a Canadian it isn't any type of "deal". Have a good afternoon.

Why can't he weigh in on a topic just because he lives in Canada? If nothing else he brings a different perspective to things and can offer up opinions based off of his experience in his own country. I find his knowledge on US politics to be rather impressive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

Why do you insist on "going to the extreme" with every scenario? There are democracies that make voting mandatory. Suggesting that the US will go to a mandatory system and then restrict the names on the ballot anymore than they already do is insane. Why can it not just be as simple as; you want to live in the US you have to obey the laws, you have to pay your taxes & you have to vote. That last one has nothing more to do with FREEDOM, than the other two do.

It really isn't a big deal.

Because America is full of idiots is why. 50 years ago we could have had mandatory voting and would have been fine. The disconnect in this country is outrageous. All you need to do is watch some Jimmy Kimmel man on the street videos and you will see.

I'm not sure when these other countries starting mandatory voting but to do so today in America would be suicide. We would end up living in an idiocracy.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

It's a messageboard!! Why do you involve yourself in the affairs of women or gays? Are you one of them?

Gotta love a "GO AWAY" response followed by a "Have a nice day" comment. Can you get any more two-faced than that?

Try responding to the actual comment made, rather than the fact I made it.

Love you man!
    Last edited by habsheaven; 03-25-2015 at 02:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Because America is full of idiots is why. 50 years ago we could have had mandatory voting and would have been fine. The disconnect in this country is outrageous. All you need to do is watch some Jimmy Kimmel man on the street videos and you will see.

I'm not sure when these other countries starting mandatory voting but to do so today in America would be suicide. We would end up living in an idiocracy.

This is implying that the idiots would overwhelmingly vote for 1 party over the other, otherwise it isn't an issue.

Is that what your saying?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

This is implying that the idiots would overwhelmingly vote for 1 party over the other, otherwise it isn't an issue.

Is that what your saying?

No I'm saying that the 40% of the population who doesn't vote would do so based solely off of political ads. If they don't care enough to vote now what do you think they will get their opinion from?

You think there is mud slinging now? You just wait.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

No I'm saying that the 40% of the population who doesn't vote would do so based solely off of political ads. If they don't care enough to vote now what do you think they will get their opinion from?

You think there is mud slinging now? You just wait.

That's a fair point. (I love when people actually discuss points) I'm just not sure it would be a big problem and think the possible benefits of a more engaged electorate might make the politicians more accountable.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast