Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Show & Tell Contest - Week 1 - Best Card You Got Over the Holiday Season

Happy new year and welcome to 2024, everybody!

Today we begin the new Show & Tell Contest - this contest will run weekly throughout 2024 - you can see the weekly themes and get the "how to" in the main contest thread here: https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...t-2024-Edition!

The first theme is:
    Best Card You Got Over the Holiday Season

This can be any card you acquired between December 15-31, whether it came from Santa, eBay, your LCS, a trade on SCF (we love those!), a box break, as long as it got in your hands during that window of time. Now, I know that Canada Post has some delays over the holidays, so, if you bought the card and it hasn't shown up yet, please remember that you have until Sunday, January 7th at 11:59pm PST to post it.

Posting guideline: please ensure that you have proof of ownership in your image. This can be as simple as having your SCF user name on a decoy card alongside your submission. I'll share an example below.

Contest is open to all SCF Members except for myself, fellow TM's, and anyone in the management. We can play, but we won't be eligible in the voting rounds.

Reminder about the points & RP available for participation:

How points will be awarded:

1pt for a valid entry
    Voting:

4pts for first place
    2pts for second place
    If we get more than 10 entries, an additional point will be awarded to both 1st and 2nd place, and I'll award 1 point for 3rd place.

Each
    entry will earn you 25 Rewards Points. For those not familiar with SCF RP, it's a site currency that can be used to purchase cards from other members, the SCF Rewards Store, and get into special Group Breaks hosted by @doniceage

The winner of each week's contest will be awarded an additional 250RP.

We are still awaiting confirmation of our year-long contest prize; suffice to say, I think you'll like it.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My non-entry/visual guide to posting.

Big thanks to Jim for the trade on this card. It showed up on the final Friday of 2023!

2005-06 Frozen Artifacts Jean Beliveau 12/25

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

My entry is from a box of 21-22 Leaf Lumber purchased during a LCS Holiday Sale. It is a Twig Sigs 6 Pewter numbered out of six. Lucie Robitaille, Brett Hull, Adam Oates, Jari Kurri, Eric Lindros, and Doug Gilmour.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome card and cool autograph of six great players from back in the day. Congrats on a nice hit.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Love it! As I get back into collecting again, I am starting to pick up some very nice cards for the PC -was thrilled to pick this one up in trade as it is my first Tage auto - arrived 12/29!

img540.jpg

Thanks fo the contest - Happy new year!

Mark
    aka Bear Ridge Collectibles

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

Glad to see the show and tell back, so to start me off here is a card I got in a trade and he is just on fire right now

thanks
    jim

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also glad to see this back for 2024! Here is an upgrade to a 9 I already have in the Roy PC, and now featuring 3 HOF Goalies:
    Patrick Roy PC: Playing days 1985/86-2002/03, excluding 1/1, National Show/All-Star Game issues.
    PC Completion: 2,643/2,983 = 88.60%
    PC Website: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

Pulled this amazing Yzerman auto from Stature at Triple Cards in Plano, TX on December 24th

Last edited by ronfir; 01-03-2024 at 09:23 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

@ronfir Looks amazing! If you would like to have the card considered for the contest, please repost with something showing your username beside the card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Had two trades come in and this card seemed fitting for the week-1-entry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast