Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Sean Monahan has been traded to the Jets

Montreal Canadiens trading F Sean Monahan to Winnipeg Jets | TSN

The Montreal Canadiens are trading centre Sean Monahan to the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for a 2024 first-round pick and a conditional draft pick, TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reports.

The Canadiens will receive a third-round pick in 2027 if Winnipeg wins the Stanley Cup, Dreger adds of the conditional pick. TSN Hockey Insider Chris Johnston reports no salary will be retained by Montreal in the deal.

Well Richard will be happy, the Habs got another first for Monahan after getting a first for taking him.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Haha yes and no. I've really liked him with the Habs and he's been a great veteran presence to help bring along the youth of the team. I only picked up a few cards along the way (and a signed puck!) so I'm not going to be holding the bag for a ton of cards.

Great return though -- I feel like the Lindholm trade the other day expedited the process for the Jets as well as helped Hughes increase his ask.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

In addition to a handful of RC, this is my fave Sean Monahab card.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks to @Pheebs888 for sharing the conditions of the 3rd....MTL gets the Jets' 2027 3rd if the Jets win the Cup this year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

With the firing of McLellan in LA and the blame being foisted on Dubois, along with the speculation that any trade Montreal would of made for Dubois with the Jets in the off season would of included Monahan, it looks like the Habs dodged a pretty big bullet, and Winnipeg reaped the benefits of the Dubois deal and their 1st is probably going to be a late first so adding Monahan along with the other players is a win-win for them too.
    Last edited by mikecole141; 02-02-2024 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Fixed name, send correction by PM next time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Washington Capitals Chicago Blackhawks
    See sleepn0t's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

Dubois is a Quebecer, we don't put capital letters in the middle of a last name in these cases. Maybe this rule applies for Americans, or English Canadians, but not for Quebecers (French Canadians). Sorry. Also, to me it's a way of differentiating the ethnic groups. I know, it has nothing to do with this news, within this thread, but still. I wanted to make this clarification... Thx!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I had no doubt Monahan would garner a first round pick. Now which Montreal D-man or goaltender will be traded next. We already know it won't be Montembeault, Guhle or Xherkaj.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I had no doubt Monahan would garner a first round pick. Now which Montreal D-man or goaltender will be traded next. We already know it won't be Montembeault, Guhle or Xherkaj.

I have a feeling that Allen will soon be packing his bags. I know they'll get a decent return for him, but it is unfortunate because I believe he's been a steady professional on a very young Habs squad.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

And to his credit, Allen's fully aware of the situation. He knows that he's helping plant trees where he'll never get to enjoy the shade, but he's been a steady hand since Carey's departure and this transition. I think we'll be fortunate to get a 2nd rounder, maybe a middle prospect. The goalie market just isn't strong. But he'll add great presence and calm to wherever he ends up.