Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See adamcormier76's Items on eBay

much information for PSA can be found here...www.psacard.com...you can do an in person hand in at the National in August, believe it to be in Atlantic City...PSA is very particular about shipping companies...I live in Canada and they have always specified Fedex for my shipments. Ask many questions, both these sets are tough finds and will command top dollar if they prove to be in decent condition PSA4 or Higher. Good luck with this adventure and enjoy the cards while you have them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Don't know where you live or if its feasible, or even if PSA will do it (you might want to call them and ask). But you could always take the cards to the US National (Atlantic City, NJ) in August, ask PSA to grade them, and pick them up from PSA at the Toronto Expo in October (that way you wouldn't have to pay any exorbitant fees for quick grading). The savings from shipping alone would probably pay for one of the trips, and you could use your time at the shows to talk to some of the auction houses to see if it would be worth your while to have them put them up for you. Having the sets with you at the shows would probably garner some publicity for you, and that is the key to any successful auction. A lot of the industry news services love to talk about big "finds."

If PSA was willing to do the above, you could also talk to the show organizer. Maybe with a full set just graded -- they may actually want to put it out on display. Again, the more publicity you get, the more money the set will auction for.
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 512 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sharky94 - It's a great idea, I live in Ontario Canada and not able to travel to Atlantic City, (although how fun would that be?) at this time. I have decided to send the top 11 cards to PSA plus the 4 little cards from Imperial Tobacco from 1910-1911...to start and see what they come back with, if they come back with a good grading then we can decide either to do the others or put them up on Ebay as is. The shipping to PSA is expensive especially with the insurance, but as the other posters have commented it will be a worthwhile expense.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have been away and just reading this now. First, thank you for sharing this, you have a ton of great advice but there are 3 points I do want to stress

1. Get them graded - PSA is the best option for vintage cards. Nothing against KSA or Beckett but PSA is the best option for what you have

2. If you can wait to move them, I would wait until at least October.

3. If we can help get exposure to the collection, let us know. @Pheebs888, @creasecollector and / or myself can help with this

Thanks, I've sent you a private email.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sharky94 - It's a great idea, I live in Ontario Canada and not able to travel to Atlantic City, (although how fun would that be?) at this time. I have decided to send the top 11 cards to PSA plus the 4 little cards from Imperial Tobacco from 1910-1911...to start and see what they come back with, if they come back with a good grading then we can decide either to do the others or put them up on Ebay as is. The shipping to PSA is expensive especially with the insurance, but as the other posters have commented it will be a worthwhile expense.

Look forward to seeing how they grade.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

will look for it

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

PSA is great for high grade cards, but horrible for low grade. Cards with confirmed low grade sell for less than the equivalent raw card.
    Ive advised Elizabeth against grading since it will lower the resale. I think a buyer would appreciate this "barn find" just as it is in original state.
    Ive also recommended she list on ebay herself...or consign with pwcc. The story should also be described.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

PSA is great for high grade cards, but horrible for low grade. Cards with confirmed low grade sell for less than the equivalent raw card.
    Ive advised Elizabeth against grading since it will lower the resale. I think a buyer would appreciate this "barn find" just as it is in original state.
    Ive also recommended she list on ebay herself...or consign with pwcc. The story should also be described.

My problem with that idea is that personally, I'd never buy a raw c-55 or c-56 off an eBay seller because I'm not sure if I'm getting the real thing or a beaten-up-and-soaked-in-tea reprint, especially in the case of a high-value card like Newsy Lalonde. I'm hoping the people at PSA or BGS or KSA are at least knowledgeable enough to authenticate the cards before grading them.

Plus, you never know what a grader is going to find. This Gordie Howe looks pretty darned perfect with sharp corners. The top-bottom centering is a little off but I was hoping for an "8" if not better. It came back a 6.5 because there's a crease on the back only visible with the white light :(

I had my old cards graded by KSA, the reasons being that they're local, I like the slabs and I have no interest in ever selling them. My Lalonde RC was originally in a PSA holder, I cracked it open and let KSA Peter grade it & it came back with the same "3"..............

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Vintagesforyou's Items on eBay

Hi,

If you still have your Ice Kings set I am interrested in buying all or many singles. I am looking for the version english back bio only.

Thanks,

Marc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234