Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

Cool My CUSTOM Laron Landry Auto. Check this out!

Ok here is the story! Laron Landry was on the Jets for one season in 2012. That year he played the best season of his career
    laron landry stts.png
    and made the pro bowl. He took that and signed a big deal with the Colts where he flared out getting popped for steroids twice. He got a 4 game suspension in his first year with the colts. Then pissed dirty again and got a year long suspension.

Laron Landry is a Jacked dude laron landry roids.png.
    Although i was sad to see him leave New York, the Jets went out and signed his brother who did not mess with PED sparing the Jets having to deal with the PED issue.

With that said I am a bodybuilder who has competed in Collegiate leagues as well as the NSL and the NPC. I appreciate his look and use of anabolic steroids.

So naturally or in his case enhanced (lol) once i started collecting Jets hardcore i wanted a Laron Landry Auto in Jets gear!

I searched and learned that there are no autos of this guy with the Jets and there is only one card and its a sticker from panini that pictures him in Jets gear laron landry sticker.png.
    I picked up the set of 14 stickers that included this card for 4 bucks. Then I went to comc and picked up the cheapest Laron Landry auto i could find. I found this one for a buck laron landry auto rs.png

I then used a blow dryer to blow hot air on the sticker to loosen the glue, then i used a metal pick to get a bit of the sticker up so that i could grasp it with tweezers, once i had the sticker in the tweezers grasp it peeled right off with ease as i kept the blow dryer on the sticker while i peeled it off. landry switch auto.png

Overall it looks great and has a nice spot in my Jets Collection.
    Here is the finished card in a penny sleeve and top loader
    laron landy finished.png

Tell me what you guys think of this process. I have done some digging and have seen differing opinions on customs like this so if you dont like the idea of this being done let me know, lets have a discussion. I am very happy with this and will probably work new customs later on.
    Last edited by Capt Forest; 11-26-2017 at 10:02 PM.
    Check out my Collection!
    Hidden Content
    if the offer is right I will deal anything
    I am a collector of the New York JetsHidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

hmmm, surprised that no one else has weighed in here, but with all the fake autos and patches that are going on in the hobby i think this is a very bad idea and too much effort for to get any kind of auto.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

hmmm, surprised that no one else has weighed in here, but with all the fake autos and patches that are going on in the hobby i think this is a very bad idea and too much effort for to get any kind of auto.

What?! This is not a fake auto at all. The sticker is still a certified auto of the player so there is nothing fake about this.

I commend @Capt Forest for doing this as a really cool way to add to his PC. There is nothing wrong with this at all.
    @34BoJackson16 looks like you have some competition my friend.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Chicago Bears Atlanta Braves San Antonio Spurs
    See brandon15marshall's Items on eBay

Great work I use a single edge razor, smooth hands and patience for mine. It comes off cleaner than pulling it off. I never tried heat though. Did all the sticker come off without leaving behind the little circles it makes when you just pull it off? I have been doing these for years, I love making customs out of them. I see nothing wrong with it as long as its for your personal collection and if you were to try and sell as long as you describe exactly what you are selling I see nothing wrong with that either. If you straight up lie to make a profit that is wrong. Keep em up I have a ton that I have done it sucks photobucket is so bad now with the adds. I am trying to switch over to Flickr right now.
    Super Collecting Brandon Marshall, Greg Salas, Mike Davis. Collecting Roy Williams WR, Ottis Anderson, Mike Alstott.
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

Yeah this was the type of comment i was expecting to get. I would not go as far to say the card is fake. As everything about it is real. Its a custom and its unique. If any manufacture would have filled the hole in the market for this card i would not have created it :)

Also if i wanted an auto of Laron Landry and this was the only way to get it i do not think this was too much effort. I also felt a great deal of satisfaction after i completed the project.

What?! This is not a fake auto at all. The sticker is still a certified auto of the player so there is nothing fake about this.

I commend @Capt Forest for doing this as a really cool way to add to his PC. There is nothing wrong with this at all.
    @34BoJackson16 looks like you have some competition my friend.

Good points. I wish i could have used a topps card and a topps auto but the way it worked out i used a Topps auto and a Panini card.
    Thanks man I was really happy to add this to my pc. Its literally as close as i was going to get to having this card short of meeting the guy in person and having him sign it.

Great work I use a single edge razor, smooth hands and patience for mine. It comes off cleaner than pulling it off. I never tried heat though. Did all the sticker come off without leaving behind the little circles it makes when you just pull it off? I have been doing these for years, I love making customs out of them. I see nothing wrong with it as long as its for your personal collection and if you were to try and sell as long as you describe exactly what you are selling I see nothing wrong with that either. If you straight up lie to make a profit that is wrong. Keep em up I have a ton that I have done it sucks photobucket is so bad now with the adds. I am trying to switch over to Flickr right now.

I do not recall and circles but it might have i will have to inspect it closer when i get back home. The blow dryer and the tweezers was magic. It came off so smooth no problems at all. I did use the blade for the authentication sticker on the back that i also transferred to the custom cards back. It would not come off with the tweezers.

Thanks man i would love to see some of your work. I think i am going to do a Tommy Bohannon next. I have a sick card from National Treasures that I will use and then i am already watching an auto of his i will use on comc. Later on when i am more proficient at it i will make a Mick Vick and Ed Reed custom.

I used to love photo bucket when i was younger now its trash. I Flickr is 100% the way to go.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great custom! I like it
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

Great custom! I like it

Thanks man looking at the card makes me happy. I hope you enjoyed the back story for why this was the first custom i did for my collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See knightfam5's Items on eBay

I think it is an interesting idea as there are players that I would like auto's of in Cardinals uniform and never even considered making my own. I also don't understand why some people get their panties all twisted about stuff like this, I mean come on, it's Laron Landry. Even if you do decide to sell it, what could you possibly get for it? Another $1? Big whoopity-do! It's not like you're doing this to Joe Montana or Tom Brady autographs, people need perspective

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks
    See Swiggy56's Items on eBay

Good job with your custom
    I collect Seahawks Relic-GU & 1/1's

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Chicago Bears Atlanta Braves San Antonio Spurs
    See brandon15marshall's Items on eBay

Here are a few customs that I added stickers autos to.

Before:
    https://flic.kr/p/2278WvT

After:
    https://flic.kr/p/224sDo7

Before:
    https://flic.kr/p/2278WvH

After:
    https://flic.kr/p/211ScwN

Before:
    https://flic.kr/p/DYePC5

After:
    https://flic.kr/p/211Scws