Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

How did you become such an expert on who the rioters are voting for? When did you speak ro them?

please, anyone with any knowledge knows who the majority would vote for if they even voted, and who their parents voted for. call it what you will, but facts are facts.

http://blackdemographics.com/culture/black-politics/

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/04/bla...ocratic-party/

then the riots

http://www.wnd.com/files/2015/04/Baltimore-riots.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam...-super-169.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/rWJM2wZb1Ew/hqdefault.jpg

http://cdn.rt.com/files/news/3d/e7/d0/00/25.si.jpg

http://static6.businessinsider.com/i...eddie-gray.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@Duane....about the whole gun possession is more likely to be used on a family member then an intruder.....this is one of those things that I've always heard and I have read it in a few articles.

I'm not gonna bother to link them because they are from liberal sites and I'm sure you'll think they are biased.

But it makes sense....we've all heard of countless stories of accidental deaths due to a firearm in the home, or spousal murder caused by a gun in a home....

And of course then there's suicides used by guns in the home....there's a lot of those too.

It's very rare to hear that anyone was successfully able to use their gun on an intruder.

Just on that alone I believe that you are more likely to use a gun on a family member, friend, or yourself then an actual threat.

And please stop with the semantics....you and I as straight people get to marry if we wish, gays do not.

This is blatantly unequal.

Exactly. Liberal propaganda sites spread lies and deception about the issue and people like you just accept it as fact rather than be informed about the truth yourself. It is convenient to just accept their misleading information rather than take 2 minutes and Google the subject and learn for yourself.

Let me help...

A study conducted by the independent (not conservative or liberal) Violence Policy Center found that between 2007 and 2011 gun owners used their guns to defend themselves or their homes/family an average of 67,740 times per year. LINK

Using a liberal propaganda site that I assume you would have no problem believing, HuffPost says there are an average of 30,000 gun deaths per year (it is actually more like 32,000 a year), and that is all gun related deaths including homicide and suicide. Huffington Post link

So in just 2 minutes I was able to do what you refused to do. Proof in black and white. Legal gun owners use their gun to defend themselves more than twice as often as guns are used to do harm to themselves or others. Add in that a significant percentage of homicides with guns are done with guns that were acquired illegally or by people who can not legally own a gun and the number of legal gun owners that use their gun to do harm to family, friends or themselves plummets.

It is very rare that you hear about someone using their gun to protect themselves or their home because the media doesn't want to put it out there. It doesn't serve their liberal propaganda purpose of painting guns as a bad thing. If every day they had one story about someone being murdered with a gun and 2 or 3 stories of someone being protected or saved by a gun then the public perception would become that gun ownership does save lives. The media can't sensationalize that and make money off of it, so they keep quiet about it.

And please stop with the semantics....you and I as straight people get to marry if we wish, gays do not.

This is blatantly unequal.

And gays can get married, they just do not always get it recognized by the government as a binding marriage. What they should be fighting for is the right to have their legal unions recognized as such, not fighting to get the right to get married. Even if they get the right to get married it doesn't require any institution to recognize the union.

Who is speaking on my behalf regarding my views on abortion?

Hillary. She supports abortion in general and even voted to allow partial birth abortions. You will vote for her because she is the Democratic candidate, so clearly she speaks for you, right?

So what a minute. Are you saying if you were single and want to get married to a woman the state has the right to deny you just like they could deny a gay person. If so i demand proof if not im calling it discrimination like it is.

The proof is simple. No law exist protecting anyone's right to get married.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Duane - which law exists protecting your right to breathe?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Duane - which law exists protecting your right to breathe?

That is a human right, not a civil right. Sorry. Fail.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Well if no laws exist allowing people to get married, what happened that now allows interracial couples to marry? Are you implying that society just changed on it's own to allow it, and churches followed suit?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well if no laws exist allowing people to get married, what happened that now allows interracial couples to marry? Are you implying that society just changed on it's own to allow it, and churches followed suit?

There were laws against it and it was deemed that those laws were invalid and they were eliminated. I have no issue with gays fighting to eliminate laws that block them from marriage. Never have. Just don't tell me that gays have the same right to marry as everyone else when no one has a right provided by law to get married.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So 67,700 times in ONE year an intruder went into a house to do crime only to be confronted with someone in the home with a gun.

That literally sounds unreal.

At the moment I am at work, but I simply do NOT believe that claim....when I can I'll look through that study.

Back to the gay issue....

Duane, this is a very simple issue that you SHOULD be able to distinguish and come to a reasonable conclusion.

Today in America, there are still states that don't allow gay individuals to get married or don't recognize their marriage if in fact they got married in a state that does allow it.

This is an unequal position when thinking about straight couples that CAN get married and get every benefit in the books.

So why do we have this inequality?

Mostly due to the CHRISTIAN religion which dominates the U.S which is clearly anti-gay.

The biggest supporters of this blatant discrimination are far right Christians and conservatives (most of which are also Christians).

You can do one of two things Duane.

#1 Acknowledge that far right Christians/Conservative position is WRONG...

Or

#2 Continue to apologize on behalf of the political viewpoint that you support.

I hope you do the right thing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So 67,700 times in ONE year an intruder went into a house to do crime only to be confronted with someone in the home with a gun.

That literally sounds unreal.

At the moment I am at work, but I simply do NOT believe that claim....when I can I'll look through that study.

Feel free to look away. The VPC based their report on Justice Dept. data. So for the info to be false it would have to be falsified by the Fed government.

Just remember, it doesn't have to be an intruder coming into your home. Self-defense with a gun is any action deemed a legal defensive measure by the gun owner/user. It can be defending yourself against an abusive husband, a drug-addicted cousin or a deranged neighbor.

Back to the gay issue....

Duane, this is a very simple issue that you SHOULD be able to distinguish and come to a reasonable conclusion.

Today in America, there are still states that don't allow gay individuals to get married or don't recognize their marriage if in fact they got married in a state that does allow it.

This is an unequal position when thinking about straight couples that CAN get married and get every benefit in the books.

So why do we have this inequality?

Mostly due to the CHRISTIAN religion which dominates the U.S which is clearly anti-gay.

The biggest supporters of this blatant discrimination are far right Christians and conservatives (most of which are also Christians).

You can do one of two things Duane.

#1 Acknowledge that far right Christians/Conservative position is WRONG...

Or

#2 Continue to apologize on behalf of the political viewpoint that you support.

I hope you do the right thing.

I chose to do #3. Argue that gays having the "right" to marry is creating inequality. I support gays having their legal unions recognized. I do not support Federal law providing them with protections that are afforded to no one else.
    Last edited by duane1969; 04-29-2015 at 03:26 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Look I am not the smartest and don't claim to be. Can one of you experts please tell me where it is says or states that marriage is a right?????

SCF Rewards
    Country

It really is LOW that you guys are basing this argument on semantics.

And it is the epitome of ridiculous nonsense to say that gays want inequality by wanting a "right" that supposedly straights don't have because they themselves may not call it a right.

Conservatism seems to be a RELIGION because apparently it is impossible for some of you to go against it.

Personally I don't agree with everything that liberals support.

I have no problem calling out anything I disagree with regardless who says it.

I choose to call myself liberal because I believe it is the position that I identify most with....but it is NOT a dogma.

I dislike the FAR LEFT just as much as I do the Far Right....and when liberals say and do things I don't like there is no way in hell I'm going to apologize for them.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 04-29-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast