Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Hockey lot question

BANNED

Country

Hockey lot question

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a 3000-card lot a local auction site dirt-cheap and currently wait for them to arrive. The seller says most cards are from 1991-1996. Are there any decent chase-cards from that time period? I don't know anything about collecting hockey so any insight is helpful

The only photo He provided:

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/Su...tml?sort=3&o=0

Many Thanks,
    T.
    Last edited by HellBrawl; 08-04-2016 at 06:03 AM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Truthfully you're probably better off burying them in the dirt and hoping that a hockey card tree grows from it. The early-mid 90's are kind of the wasteland of the hobby and there might be 5 cards that are actually worth anything. If nothing else, enjoy the photography and stash some of the cards that at least look cool.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

1995+ is the good stuff to me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If there's any 1990-91 Pro Set, try searching for error cards. Some of them can be worth your while.

BANNED

Country

Many thanks for Your replies. I was also told there'll be many European-produced cards in the lot, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any market for them, am I right?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Many thanks for Your replies. I was also told there'll be many European-produced cards in the lot, but I'm pretty sure there isn't any market for them, am I right?

Yes the are some European-produced cards in the lot in the middle section of the picture. There is a limited market for these card, but some of them are collectible. One way to find out if the cards you have are worth anything is to search for them on COMC.com. Their website has pictures of lots of cards (front and back) so you can identify which cards you have. If there many of a particular card listed on COMC for less than 1.00, they are likely not worth bothering with, but if there are none of the card listed, you might have something of interest.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Always look first the stars as well. Even cheap base some of us still want those. BTW I would be interested in Mario Lemieux if there are any

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals

Would usually depend on the player. But remember, there was a strike during that time, so if any NHLers went to play in Europe and you have any of those cards, you'll always find player collectors looking for that rare European card they cant find anywhere else. I'd be interested in any Peter Bondra European cards you might have, and most major players in the NHL will still have collectors trying to find that kid of stuff.

Score had a couple Bobby Orr inserts in the early 90s that can still fetch a penny or two. I don't know which ones are worth something and which aren't, but if you find any, you can look em up. And autograph cards were just starting to break in at that time. So if there are any of those, you'll want to look them up. If you have heard of the player, it is probably worth something. If it's some no-name rookie that never did anything, then probably not.

Otherwise, the tree planting idea seems to be your best shot. But at least you should have some fun looking through everything...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    Take a look at my website you can find the link below in my signature to see if I might be needing some I don't have a tradelist but shoot me a pm if you can help & if you can't lmk what you have I have other people who might need some of the stuff too so shoot me a list of what you got thanks.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75