Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Inn my opinion Trilogy auto rookie will NOT hold their value like you are thinking. Its the big card for him right now because he doesn't have any others. But once products without as many crazy auto parallels hit the market ( SPA / SPx ) this card will drop.

Trilogy is released early in the year because UD knows it doesn't stand a chance if it comes out with the bigger sets already released. It might be the lowest end true auto rookie you could get.

If its not PC, sell it now as your card will only go down.
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Trilogy stinks when it comes to holding value. Plus, the odds of any cards appreciating over time are about the same as finding a unicorn on my front lawn. If you just want to keep it as it is your "biggest hit", I'd sell and move on. It won't seem like such a big hit 6 months from now,

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

KEEP the Howe.

I'm having that debate right now. I got some really nice cards over the holidays through group breaks. Got me a 1/1 Gordie Howe auto that I'm on the fence on.

One part of me says hold it. He's gone. He's one of the biggest names next to the Great one.

One part says sell it and recoup some monies from the breaks.

I'm leaning towards keeping though.

Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Definitely keep the Howe. His autos aren't that common and a bunch were snapped up after his death.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Everyone has their own criteria of course... my philosophy is I only collect cards where I couldn't care leas what they are 'worth' - if I pick up cards and start looking at how much they're currently selling for rather than texting @87sluggo to tell him about yet another piece of cardboard that eventually my kid will inherit, then I move it like there's no tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

If its not something i collect I would lean towards selling it depending on what i can get for it. If its worth it to sell i would & use the money to buy something else i wanted or another box or 2. Cheers, nice pull too..

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the advice.
    I posted it up on ebay for an amount I'd be happy if it sold for. If it doesn't, then I keep a card that I like. At the end of the day, I can't be upset with pulling this card so if it ends up in my collection, that will be fine.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country
    See headsup's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Rare times I break boxes/cases, if I get something high end and I know of a player/team collector that would want it, I reach out as I've had so many do that for me when they find a cool Osgood card. If the Big Guns don't want it, I might put it in the open forum, and see what happens, or else just drop it on eBay and see what the market thinks of it. I do so little trading these days (the perils of having a single player collection with most of their cards), so it's not worth putting out there for trade.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I moved a few big cards that were not fitting in my PC and that I knew would lose value fast. Some rookie redemptions and stuff like that.

If it's HOFers, Habs or players I like, they are staying with me now even if not 100% PC.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

As someone said earlier of all the big hits that I have got I currently have 0 of them. Most of the time I sell them right away. I've also never hit a Gretzky, Orr, Howe, Lemieux Auto. I probably keep those If I were to ever hit one.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast