Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

2021 Panini Encased discussion/rant

So I am working on a Justin Fields collection and one of the cards needed/wanted is from 2021 Encased.

My exact details may not be right but I’ll be close enough to get the point across. You have a hobby box and in that box is two packs. One is a typical pack you would normally think of with four cards in it. The second pack has a autographed card that is already graded by Beckett. The really dumb thing is many of those “slabbed and graded” cards are of the redemption card. Example from eBay below

I personally am dumbfounded over this and have many questions/comments.

1. Guess they expect you to crack the slab just to be able to redeem it, no other option

2. If/when Panini sends the redemption will it be graded by Beckett or a raw card? (Don’t get me started. Seems Justin Fields is being difficult with Panini as many of his autographed cards are redemption right now and not yet being redeemed by Panini)

3. assuming it is returned as a Beckett graded card, If your a PSA collector like I am or buying the card because you want it for a PSA Registry Set your going to have to either crack it or submit for a cross over which is more difficult and expensive given the submission restrictions currently in place with PSA.

4. All this said, I’m having difficulty winning(affording) one anyways and not even sure it will actually be a part of the Justin Fields Rookie Card Set Registry once PSA does eventually release the set checklist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings San Francisco 49ers Milwaukee Bucks

That's got to be frustraiting. Sorry to hear that. Hope you have better luck in the future, and that someone knows the answers to you questions.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

Maybe that is what happened here? Looks like a second run or something. Would love some clarity if anyone knows more.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Flawle...-127632-2357-0

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Maybe that is what happened here? Looks like a second run or something. Would love some clarity if anyone knows more.

Thanks for sharing and hope someone can share some light on the 2nd run.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

Thanks for sharing and hope someone can share some light on the 2nd run.

DON

Me too. Not wanting to hijack the thread but add to it.
    @FireRob In response to the issue you brought up. If I were you I would avoid, and, if it does get redeemed at some point, buy the actual card. Lots of weird redemption stories from every company and this one may take the cake. I think you’d have to crack it and have it regraded. My uneducated assumption is they sent a large stack of cards to get graded all at once and they just sent the redemptions in the same way they send them out in packs. The deal with Beckett is probably not twice redeemable.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

@turnpipe not a hijack at all. I always welcome input.

Good points above and something to think about

In response to the second run of cards you posted. Not saying I know anything about those cards or have answers but it reminds me of the Dak Prescot fake autograph scandal a year or two ago. I saw some videos of two different guys holding the same card with the same serial number. One was a fake autograph where Dak had family sign his cards and when he got busted, Panini reissued the cards after they made him sign them himself while being video recorded in an attempt by Panini to save face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

@FireRob I have seen others with photo variations that are similar. It seems inconsistent. I hope it’s just they didn’t change the picture for some reason. Hard to say because it is hard to find examples of the RPA-“player initials” and RPA-“Player initials2” numbering. Beckett had them listed weird. Some of them are also in factory cases which is why I thought of them when I read this.

I did some more research into the Encased graded cards, and, while I didn’t find the answers, I am intrigued with the possibility of the Black Label BGS 10.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (44)
    Country
    West Virginia Mountaineers

1. Guess they expect you to crack the slab just to be able to redeem it, no other option

I believe the actual redemption sticker is on the outside of the slab.
    You can look up some of the redemptions, and you can see a shadow that the sticker casts onto the card, so I think it's on the outside.
    Look up eBay auction 384837388876
    They say in their auction "For reference, you do not have to crack the slab. The redemption is actually on the outside of the slab."

and the redemptions are just slabbed with a special Panini logo at the top saying it is a redemption; the redemption card is not "graded" with a 10, 9.5, 9, etc.
    the actual redeemed card, I believe, WILL be graded by BGS.

For 2018 Panini Flawless Collegiate Football
    "Parallels include logos from a variety of source like Bowl games, conferences and logos."
    DJ Chark played in 2 Citrus Bowls, so both cards show that bowl logo.
    However, that isn't the logo they had on their jersey in 2016...and they wore a white jersey both years, so these are sadly "player worn" and not "game worn"

I have a different player's cards in 2019 Immaculate, who also has 2 versions.
    They are patches from 2 different bowl games they played in.
    However, they don't even change the card number to include a "2" at the end, so you just have to know the different bowl games they played in to tell the difference (the bowl patch is different).
    Frustrating
    Last edited by Davz13; 04-29-2022 at 01:31 PM.
    I collect all WVU Alumni: Amos Zereoue, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Robert Sands, Rasul Douglas, Avon Cobourne, Quincy Wilson, Owen Schmitt, Will Grier, Gary Jennings, David Sills, Trevon Wesco, Pat McAfee, Darius Stills, Tavon Austin, Geno Smith, Charles Sims, Sam Huff, Chuck Howley, Jerry West (NBA), Jevon Carter (NBA), Jedd Gyorko (MLB), etc.
    and
    Dolphins, Avalanche, St.L Cardinals, & SF Giants

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (44)
    Country
    West Virginia Mountaineers

Oh, and I hate how a lot of times the card number will be "RPA DJC" or "RPA DJC2", but Beckett will have it as card number "120" or "153" (which I'm assuming what these cards are).
    Panini (and other companies) need to send Beckett the checklist with the correlating card number.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

@Davz13 lightbulb moment