Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Jesus a conservative?

Yeah, no.

very conservative, he was born and raised Jewish, did not believe in divorce, and was the most religious person ever to live on earth.

But think about that Shrew, what does that tell you?

The Bible is highly inconsistent, filled with contradictions and can be interpreted a million different ways.

it tells me free will exists and that it is up to the individual to understand.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I never even said "Republicans are racist".....I said when we look back in history it is CONSERVATIVES who have been more aligned with racism and bigotry than liberals or any other politically ideological side.

This is a pretty weak attempt to dodge. You use the terms "GOP", "Republican" and "conservative" interchangeably in this discussion and others. Saying you are only talking about conservatives when you have referenced the GOP and Republicans in the same discussion doesn't hold water with me.

Southerners Slave Owners were Deeply religious conservatives.

They were Democrats. There is no proof that they were conservatives. Being religious does not make you conservative nor does it make you Republican.

The KKK was a deeply religious conservative organization.

No it wasn't. There was and is a certain religious tone, but going to church on Sunday doesn't make a group that you are part of a religious group anymore than drinking at a bar on Friday makes your Saturday knitting group a bunch of alcoholics.

The Neo Nazis are also a deeply religious conservative organization.

I would laugh at this, but it is so stupid it isn't funny. You clearly know jack squat about the Neo Nazis.

Have you ever heard of the "Southern Strategy"?

I sure have. It was the Republican's desperate response to try and steal votes from the Democratic party because Democrats were so staunchly embedded in their pro-slavery and racist ideals. It isn't evidence that Republicans were racist, it is evidence that they made the poor decision to stoop to the level of southern Democrats.
    Last edited by duane1969; 11-14-2014 at 10:36 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Imac7065 would be proud of all of the made up associations in this thread response. To say that bigotry and racism is purely a CONSERVATIVE thing demonstrates your objectivity.

I never even said "Republicans are racist".....I said when we look back in history it is CONSERVATIVES who have been more aligned with racism and bigotry than liberals or any other politically ideological side.

Southerners Slave Owners were Deeply religious conservatives.

The KKK was a deeply religious conservative organization.

The Neo Nazis are also a deeply religious conservative organization.

Have you ever heard of the "Southern Strategy"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

**FACEPALM**

Alex do you read ANY history at all. I know you use cool videos to make your points but do you realize what "blubberish" nonsense your spewing here? Yes it was a forum for you to jump back on the Alex soapbox to denounce Christianity but calling all these groups racist proves again how you ignorance and hate for Christianity clouds ALL your judgements. I mean one has to wonder if YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT CONSERVATIVE MEANS. I think you feel it is a cool word to throw around. But again your opinion is yours and you beliefs are your right. It is just funny to see how your true colors come out and how with every word you type the transparency shows and more and more folks think your just a lost soul.
    FACEPALM!

Look man, I'm not saying you or any conservative today necessarily believes or shares the ideology of conservatives in the past, but to say something like this is so egregiously incorrect and frustrating that it literally makes me want to pull out my hair when I hear it.

Conservatives and more importantly CHRISTIANS (NOT ALL, but MANY) not only defended slavery but were the SLAVE OWNERS!

What you are saying is nothing more than the revisionist history mentality that is going on right now by MANY conservatives who want to pretend or act as if this didn't happen.

SORRY, but we are NOT going to forget.....Slavery happened in the U.S and was perpetrated by the most disgusting and most traitorous Americans who ever lived SOUTHERN SLAVE OWNERS who were DEEPLY religious and CONSERVATIVE....they were NOT liberals, this is literally IMPOSSIBLE.

In that time, a "liberal" wouldn't even look ANYTHING like what a liberal looks today.....you were either a DEEPLY religious Conservative (like many Southerners were) or you were a moderate Conservative like many Northerners were.

And yes....read your damn bible to see how that book promotes and endorses slavery.

In fact MANY Slave Owners USED the bible as an excuse to keep slaves and to keep treating them the way they did....AGAIN, READ the book and you'll see how in said book you can pretty much mistreat your slave all you want as long as he doesn't die.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm calling you!

Are you serious man?

NO, I'm not calling you a racist because you live in the South and are conservative, what you are today doesn't represent what Southern Conservatives were in the past.

HOWEVER, it is important to understand the past and learn from it, and not pretend it didn't happen.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Alex has ignored all threads that he knows that he is wrong in.

Purely the biggest hypocrite on this site.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Purely the biggest hypocrite on this site.

no need for this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex- Thanks for finally responding but I'm speechless at this point, Duane and Shrew say it best for me!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

As a Canadian and a neutral in this debate, I'm happy to give my 2 cents...

From afar, from the international community's perspective, I can tell you that there is no question that the Republicans are seen as the more racist/discriminatory/close-minded of the two. It's not even close... and I don't even have a horse in this race, I'm just making an observation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

From afar, from the international community's perspective, I can tell you that there is no question that the Republicans are seen as the more racist/discriminatory/close-minded of the two. It's not even close... and I don't even have a horse in this race, I'm just making an observation.

Congratulations in believing everything that you see in the media.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What observation?

I observe my 92 year old grandmother telling me there is too much sex in the world.......how would she know???

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast