Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who ships better?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Who ships better?

These both came in the last few days. I know some don't like shipping in one touch, but UD uses scotch tape and I think that gives my vote to panini.
    Really stoked for the Miller I hit in a break about 6 weeks ago20180704_192820.jpg20180704_192827.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Sports Card Forum mobile app

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great Miller. And I love it when people ships things to me in a one touch. It makes me feel important ;)

As long as the cards aren't damaged, that's the important thing for me.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

As Creasecollector said as long as the cards are not damaged I could care less. Just hate people who skimp on shipping protocol when they charge a full shipping price.

DON

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'd take the Panini version of shipping anytime..... but the UD way doesn't bother me in the least.

s/h in general: I expect you to get the card to me safely. So long as that happens, don't care. I'm not paying for a permanent way to store my card. I don't necessarily provide that when I ship, and I don't expect it to be provided when I receive.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

As Creasecollector said as long as the cards are not damaged I could care less. Just hate people who skimp on shipping protocol when they charge a full shipping price.

DON

I don't want to take this thread in another direction, but this bolded point really grinds my gears when people do this. Luckily it doesn't happen often, and I haven't had any card damage happen yet (knock on wood), but paying decent $ money in shipping costs for just a plain white envelope with the card sandwiched between two base cards and no toploader just isn't cool. If it's a buck or two here and there I'll let it slide, but some sellers can make a killing just on shipping charges alone it seems.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

my comments regard only to "within Canada" s/h (I know the costs off the top of my head). The prices change if we're talking USA to Canada....

It's $1.80 in postage to send a bubble mailer. That mailer costs money, so do the supplies (top loader, penny sleeve, team bag, etc). I expect someone who ships like this to charge me $2.50 - $3.00. I'm willing to give a little bit on that expectation... but $4 is too much, and I don't subscribe to the idea that $6 for a card + $4 for s/h is the same as $8 + $2 (or whatever version of $10 you want to do).

If you're charging $0 - $1.25 for s/h, and use a top loader in a PWE... so long as I get it safely (probably should have taped the top loader, at the very least) I gave zero issue with that.

eBay sellers that use s/h charges to up their take on things... I'll still leave positive feedback, but that's what the star ratings are for. $4 for s/h that cost you less than $3... you're getting 4 stars, instead of 5.... and I'll keep lowering them as the costs go up.

Having said that: Send me the card in a nice clean one touch: Well, now it was worth more than $4. The one-touch alone was worth $2.50... you can easily justify $5 s/h for that.

That last paragraph is the answer to "if you didn't like the s/h costs, why did you buy?". I don't know the seller's s/h practices. I don't care to ask. $2 is normally not enough to sway me one way or another in making that purchase anyway.... but it is enough that my honest rating of the level of service I got should reflect it.

If you want to charge $8 to ship a single card in Canada, that's fine. You just need to do something that makes it worth $8.

I don't want to take this thread in another direction, but this bolded point really grinds my gears when people do this. Luckily it doesn't happen often, and I haven't had any card damage happen yet (knock on wood), but paying decent $ money in shipping costs for just a plain white envelope with the card sandwiched between two base cards and no toploader just isn't cool. If it's a buck or two here and there I'll let it slide, but some sellers can make a killing just on shipping charges alone it seems.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'd go with UD only because my last Panini card came via FedEx and it was an unbelievable nightmare trying to get possession of the card. FedEx ground only delivers Tue - Sat (my work days) and their delivery schedule is smack in the middle of my word day. So, I could not be home to sign for it. Tried to go on their website to arrange to pick it up at FedEx center, but was not an option...could only choose from Walgreens or FedEx print center, many miles away. Cold not have it re-routed to my work address 'cause I work for USPS and I would not loo good to have a FedEx guy show up at the Post Office with a package for me.

Anyway, it took about 10 days and two trips to the FedEx print center before I got my card (which was nicely packed in a bubble-pak in a box)

Because of the FedEx hassles, I give the nod to UD (For that reason only)
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

@30ranfordfan

I like your point about making shipping worth that much, and I think that's where the true difference lies. I too don't mind paying $8 (to use your example) for shipping if it's truly $8 "worth" in shipping practices. That's fine with me, especially if I like the cards I'm buying and would like to add it to my collection.

If the shipping is Free and very cheap, or me and the seller have agreed on PWE shipping, again, I'm cool with that. I know what I'm getting myself into and know the risks involved.

It's the other times when the shipping costs involved do not accurately reflect the shipping method or card packaging/encasing is when it's disappointing. Now I must stress that I'm pretty easygoing with this stuff, and I'll leave positive feedback every single time as long as the card makes it to me in good condition, no matter the shipping method used (bubble, PWE, messenger pigeon, etc). The most I might do is send the seller a quick PM to suggest to ship in a bubble mailer if they are going to charge X amount of $ in shipping. At the very least, it might give them some food for thought next time they ships some cards out.

But thankfully it's few and far between, because 99.8% of people I have dealt with, their shipping practices have been very good. I can't complain.
    Last edited by creasecollector; 07-05-2018 at 01:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I personally hate when top loaders come taped on top like UD does. I have made it my practice when I sell cards that my top loaders are completely reusable by the buyer, I put the cards in Team bags and tape the team bags tight when shipping.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

I personally hate when top loaders come taped on top like UD does. I have made it my practice when I sell cards that my top loaders are completely reusable by the buyer, I put the cards in Team bags and tape the team bags tight when shipping.

I've been getting better at it, but I'm also one of those people that tape the toploaders with (gasp!) scotch tape. Yeah I know.

I have some painters tape that I will use, but there has been many times where I just use scotch tape out of pure habit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast