Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Dutch Gretzky Game Worn Jersey! Club 1909 Rewards Rules Again!

This season hasn't been "ideal" for the Montreal Canadiens. Yes, we're good enough to squeeze into the playoffs, I suppose. But among it all there's been a pretty cool "feel good" story since the return of Dale Weise, aka Dutch Gretzky. He's a hard-working guy, gives it his all every night, and has once again been a fan favourite in his 2nd stint in Montreal.

That's what we call setting the table.

Last month I got an email, the kind that many Habs fans love to see. I immediately messaged @Pheebs888 and @roy996633 because they're my Club 1909 homies and I wanted to make sure they were able to get onto Club 1909 ASAP as possible because the game-worn jerseys had just been posted. The three of us, and many other die-hard Habs fans, had been saving up our rewards points all season for just this moment. I haven't bought as much stuff this season as in years past, and of course I don't get out to too many games, but I do all the contests, answer all the trivia questions, and make sure to get as many points as I can. I had hopes they'd set the points totals so that I could score a solid mid-level player (knowing full well that the likes of Price, Weber, Gallagher would be well out of my range) and sure enough that's what happened.

I hemmed and hawed for a few seconds and based on the guys that were available and in my point range I hit the button on Dale Weise. After the fact I looked at the stats sheet for the game that these jerseys were worn. It was that crazy 5-4 SO victory against the Golden Knights in January where the Habs blew a 3-0 lead and gave up two goals in the final 90 seconds to let Vegas tie it and force the shootout. Turns out that Weise had a pair of assists in the game, on the opening goal and another in the third period. So that's pretty neat that he had some offensive production in the game.

Let's get to it!

And I kid you all not, as I'm typing this the man himself just replied to my Twitter post!

Pretty good day!

Check out the game highlights:

Last edited by RGM81; 06-09-2020 at 11:20 PM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Great stuff Richard and thanks again for the heads up! Can’t wait till my Armia turns up :)

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Congrats!

I know you've posted plenty of stuff about Club 1909 over the last couple of seasons, and I have to give the Habs props for doing that. It's a great program, and awesome to see you can turn being an "active fan" into something like this.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Great stuff for sure congrats

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

What a beautiful piece for your collection. Even as a Leafs fan.... I love this red jersey!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Great stuff Richard and thanks again for the heads up! Can’t wait till my Armia turns up :)

I am still amazed that I got mine before you and JC got yours. LOL

Congrats!

I know you've posted plenty of stuff about Club 1909 over the last couple of seasons, and I have to give the Habs props for doing that. It's a great program, and awesome to see you can turn being an "active fan" into something like this.

They've got one heck of a marketing team eh? I have seen that the San Jose Sharks have started a 1991 Club which is a similar type program. A buddy of mine, an Oilers fan, was lamenting their lack of such a fan rewards program. McDavid gamer would be like 100,000 points and would be attainable only for the season-ticket holder who buys merch and hot dogs at every game. LOL

Great stuff for sure congrats

As Dale said, "The best!"

What a beautiful piece for your collection. Even as a Leafs fan.... I love this red jersey!

It's triggered quite a run for me on his cards too. Sick collection building. haha

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Absolutely nothing else like a game used jersey! Congratulations on the sweater and on his response to your tweet!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalie4501's Items on eBay

Congrats on the sweater, nothing better!
    Hidden Content
    Irbe3201’s PC:
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

The Habs clearly have nailed it on the rewards front. I wish the Sabres would take note and do something cool like this for the fans.