Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bobby Orr Game Used Patches - Upper Deck / ITG - How many total?

Hey all

I recently picked up a big card on my want list and it got me thinking.

How many licensed Bobby Orr Patches are out there in total? How many from Upper Deck? How many from ITG? (when they had a license)

Apparently Bobby didnt like Upper Deck cutting up his jerseys, and they honored his requests.

The 2 sets I can think of in which Upper Deck has Bobby Orr patches are:

- 2000-01 SP Game Used Tools of the Game Single Patch Orr /50
    - 2000-01 SP Game Used Tools of the Game Combo Patches Orr / Bourque /50

Its hard to think there are only 100 total Bobby Orr Upper Deck Patch cards out there .....

Is there another Upper Deck PACTH card out there? He has many sticks / jerseys (compared to his patches).

He also has quite of few in the early ITG Ultimate releases, and then re-released some in Vault.

Is Orr the rarest Patch piece from any superstar from the 60s - present (besides some of the Russians that didnt have very long NHL careers)

If you can think of any other Bobby Orr Licensed Patch cards from UD / ITG, let me know or show them here!
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

Orr is definitely one of the rarest. He's got a variety of ITG Ultimate releases and some stuff that came out in Sportkings with patch material I've seen, which got me wondering who else might be more rare and I think Dryden may win actually. That being said, Orr patches are HUGE! Really curious what you picked up?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's gotta be Orr or Dryden for the "rarest" when it comes to license game used cards. As you said.... Orr didn't like UD chopping the jerseys, so they honoured it.

1999-00 Ultimate Victory has a couple of Orr Game Used cards (Legendary Fabrics, so I assume these are jerseys - not sure if they're patches?). They're unnumbered (auto), numbered /99 (no auto), and and there's a dual with Gretzky also auto'd.

There's a pile of ITG stuff from 2003-04 when they had a license, and I'm guessing that's it.

Pretty sure 99-00 UD Upper Deck Retro Moments (stick) is the only license Game Used card of Dryden, and I'm pretty sure it was pulled form production because he stopped it (didn't actually sign off on licensing). Or something like that..... there isn't a ton of copies out there.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

It's gotta be Orr or Dryden for the "rarest" when it comes to license game used cards. As you said.... Orr didn't like UD chopping the jerseys, so they honoured it.

1999-00 Ultimate Victory has a couple of Orr Game Used cards (Legendary Fabrics, so I assume these are jerseys - not sure if they're patches?). They're unnumbered (auto), numbered /99 (no auto), and and there's a dual with Gretzky also auto'd.

There's a pile of ITG stuff from 2003-04 when they had a license, and I'm guessing that's it.

Pretty sure 99-00 UD Upper Deck Retro Moments (stick) is the only license Game Used card of Dryden, and I'm pretty sure it was pulled form production because he stopped it (didn't actually sign off on licensing). Or something like that..... there isn't a ton of copies out there.

That Dryden card is fugly, but I'd love to have one.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

It's a truly amazing piece if you can get a licenced Orr Game-Used card. Not sure of how many would be out there, but scarce for sure.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That Dryden card is fugly, but I'd love to have one.

I agree with you, but I get why it's so popular. Literally the only GU card that shows a picture of him (rather than a drawing)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

President's Choice has some beutiful Dryden cards with pics. I know it's not licensed, but the memorabilia is nuts.