Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Lions Michigan State Spartans St Louis Cardinals

Help identifying what/where these are from.

Through the collective knowledge that most of you all have could you help me identify what these cards are and any extra info on them? I'd appreciate any and all that you can provide.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Country

Through the collective knowledge that most of you all have could you help me identify what these cards are and any extra info on them? I'd appreciate any and all that you can provide.

Just a few more assorted baseball.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Bo Jackson cards are Broder cards a term used on late 80s and early 90s cards that were basically home made by serious card collectors. Think of the custom made stuff of today and that's basically what these were before. They really aren't cataloged in places like Beckett but collectors usually identify them by the year on the back and the name on the front or back of the cards when they add them to their collection pages.

The Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas cards are 1997 Collector's Edge Extreme Diamond Logo. They were offered as a complete set from the QVC Home Shopping Network. Cards Are Printed On 50pt Stock and hand-numbered of /500. Pretty tough finds for player collectors.

The Keith Van Horn card is from the Starting Lineup action figures. It should be listed in the inventory manager on here as they do have Starting Line Up cards listed there (but maybe not all).

The Darryl Strawberry is a 1991-92 Silver Star Holograms #2 I believe. Picture is very blurry for me.

Ken Griffey Jr is a 1991 Playball U.S.A. Glossy #NoN #D to 15000
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

I actually remember buying the Bo Jackson (standing in the two sport locker) at a small card show in a long since torn down old shopping mall I used to work at. Must be close to 25 years ago.

The guy had a whole table of cards like that from all sports and entertainment. Movie Stars, Supermodels, etc. I remember buying a couple of Bo's and a couple of Emmitt cards because they were all a buck each. But he was clear there were all NON-licensed cards. Copyrighted in most cases, but not licensed.

The two Dolphin Collectors Edge cards;

Right around 2000 (the year), my local Targets had repackaged packs of singles that all had a Bronco CE card on the top, with Super Bowl 32 gold stamped logos on the front, and hand numbered on the back.

Are those diamonds on the front swatches of something, or stamps? I can't tell. They look like swatches almost.

But I think those are like my couple of similar Broncos. Never found them listed anywhere, making me think they might have been stamped and hand numbered by someone other than Collector's Edge.

You know. Something on top designed to get you to buy the little $10 box of repackaged junk behind it. The kind of stuff I am seeing lately at Walgreens in the toy section. I was finding 2015 Topps jumbo packs there…..

My guess is those came from something like that, sold at a Target or Walmart in the Miami area originally. The top cards in a 10 box of old Fleer & Pro Set singles, and a pack of Notre Dame cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos

The Bo Jackson cards are Broder cards a term used on late 80s and early 90s cards that were basically home made by serious card collectors. Think of the custom made stuff of today and that's basically what these were before. They really aren't cataloged in places like Beckett but collectors usually identify them by the year on the back and the name on the front or back of the cards when they add them to their collection pages.

The Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas cards are 1997 Collector's Edge Extreme Diamond Logo. They were offered as a complete set from the QVC Home Shopping Network. Cards Are Printed On 50pt Stock and hand-numbered of /500. Pretty tough finds for player collectors.

The Keith Van Horn card is from the Starting Lineup action figures. It should be listed in the inventory manager on here as they do have Starting Line Up cards listed there (but maybe not all).

The Darryl Strawberry is a 1991-92 Silver Star Holograms #2 I believe. Picture is very blurry for me.

Ken Griffey Jr is a 1991 Playball U.S.A. Glossy #NoN #D to 15000

Interesting about the CE cards.

My TD is from that same set, but has a gold SB XXXII stamp on the front, and hand numbered 027/500 on the back, just like those two cards.

Was there a Super Bowl set sold on QVC also? Mine came from a pack like I described before.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can you post a scan of the front of the TD card?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos

Can you post a scan of the front of the TD card?

Sorry, I haven't figured out why I cannot post photos yet. And I don't have a scan of that card anyway.

But it looks just like those, is 50 pt thick, just a gold Super Bowl XXXII logo rather than the diamond stamp in the exact same spot.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow, that's exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks.

Yes, the CE cards have a shiny diamond on the front, not a swatch.

Sorry about the blurriness these were uploaded front my phone because it's the only way I can get photos to upload to this site