Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

An Open Letter About Female Coaches

I
    want to tell you a little something about my parents.

I grew up just outside of Barcelona, a child of two highly successful professionals. My father was a nurse and my mother was a doctor. Naturally, I took to studying science — and after high school I even did one year of med school, before eventually devoting my time fully to basketball. I sometimes think about what would have happened if I had stuck with medicine and followed in my parents’ footsteps.

I remember how people would often mistake my father as the doctor and my mom as the nurse — it happened more often than it should have, in my mind. To me, that my mother was a successful doctor … this was just the norm. And don’t get me wrong: I admired my dad’s hard work and job as well. But I grew up knowing that my mom got into a more rigorous school and program, and thus she had the more prominent job. That wasn’t weird, or a judgment in any direction. It was just the truth. And we never really thought twice about it.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...l-becky-hammon

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Great read

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I thought the exact same thing.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Regarding Hammon: I've always respected her as a player, person, and currently assistant coach. Her background is interesting; she is Pentecostal Christian, but has always been otherwise reserved about her personal life. She's very intelligent and no-nonsense. She doesn't play the woman card or any kind of politics, and has always exhibited the utmost professionalism. Still not sure if a woman coaching a man's team is a boundary that is worth crossing, but if any woman can handle a head coaching job in a male sport, it would be her.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Here is my thing. The NFL requires teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and general manager positions before those vacancies are filled. Why does the NBA not have anything in place like this for Becky (women). I understand she has not pushed for it but why has she not been interviewed in the past? Correct me if she has been interviewed before for head coach vacancies. With that said it looks like she has a interview:

Sports agent: Bucks 'forward-thinking' about hiring Becky Hammon as head coach

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It wouldn't shock me at all for LeBron to sign with the 76'ers and ask that current coach Brett Brown be fired and Hammon hired, so he can win a ring with a female coach and add that to his GOAT credentials so to speak, as while I believe Hammon is a quality coach, you know lots of people would say, "M.J. only ever won rings with the greatest coach ever and LeBron rings with Spoelstra, Ty Lue and a woman" ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

It wouldn't shock me at all for LeBron to sign with the 76'ers and ask that current coach Brett Brown be fired

You are correct. It would not be shocking for Lebron to jump ship and abandon Cleveland again and then go get another coach fired.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You are correct. It would not be shocking for Lebron to jump ship and abandon Cleveland again and then go get another coach fired.

I agree ... and such would be a pure power move and probably the 100% right thing for LeBron to do. He wasn't blessed with the ability to play nearly his entire career for the greatest coach of all-time and the greatest all-around forward (other than LeBron) who ever lived, ala Jordan, so he's got to be "the don" and create such opportunities for himself.