Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I'd attribute it more because of being 'behind the computer screen'. Chances are most people wouldn't act that way in person, but get the confidence of being on the internet.

At the card show I usually go to, there are always the same 3 dealers who do exactly what I posted above. Drives me crazy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ufcbrocklesnar's Items on eBay

pack searchers. only thing that pisses me off. PACK SEARCHERS. the scum of world

SCF Rewards
    Country

Those who sit on their butts in front of a computer 24/7 nagging people for a low deal on a lot only to turn around and sell them for 150% what they bought them for, all while being rude when somebody asks for a lower price.

So its not really buying to resell it's people nagging for a low deal to turn a big profit that infuriates you. The main reason I got back into the hobby is to buy in bulk or any other deals I can find to break them down to resale for profit to pocket some but to mainly fund my hobby while having fun doing it. I by no means will try to get someone to go lower if I dont like the price they have I just won't buy it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

Those who sit on their butts in front of a computer 24/7 nagging people for a low deal on a lot only to turn around and sell them for 150% what they bought them for, all while being rude when somebody asks for a lower price.

so in other words you're more infuriated about rude traders than those that buy to re-sell. Buying to re-sell is just smart business

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

pack searchers. only thing that pisses me off. PACK SEARCHERS. the scum of world

don't get why people are always so riled up over these people

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

So its not really buying to resell it's people nagging for a low deal to turn a big profit that infuriates you. The main reason I got back into the hobby is to buy in bulk or any other deals I can find to break them down to resale for profit to pocket some but to mainly fund my hobby while having fun doing it. I by no means will try to get someone to go lower if I dont like the price they have I just won't buy it.

so in other words you're more infuriated about rude traders than those that buy to re-sell. Buying to re-sell is just smart business

No, it is both. I guess I didn't do a very good job explaining it. If I tried again, half of my words would get TM'ed and I'd get points.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dayzdtomato's Items on eBay

Beckett. They have no competition, their numbers are somehow the "bible" in terms of what something is worth and yet there seems to be little support or rational behind it.
    Bring me your Portland Trail Blazers!

SCF Rewards
    Country

What bothers me a little is the lottery attitude that so many people have towards packs and boxes these days. They are buying and buying hoping to hit that one big card that will net them thousands. I say it bothers me only a bit because in reality they provide me with the singles I need so I don't have to waste my money buying packs and boxes. Besides, it's their money and if they want to dump it down the drain that is fine.

What infuriates me is the entitlement attitude that many people have thinking they somehow got ripped off if they paid a lot of money for a pack or a box and didn't get enough to make their money back. They act as though it is the card companies responsibility that they make money on their cards.

This goes along somewhat with what andrewhoya said about buying and selling. there is nothing wrong with buying to resell. Businesses do it every minute of the day. I buy stuff to resell. As long as you recognize the risks involved I have no problem with it. Its when you start thinking that there should be no risk (every pack or box should make you your money back or you got hosed) that I start having a problem.

Oh, and pack searchers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1/1's

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Those who buy to re-sell

people who buy to resell may infuriate you, but they serve a purpose in the hobby. They buy cards from collectors who no longer need or want them and sell them to people who do want them. most people who buy and sell are also collectors to some degree. I get that some are annoying but i see a benefit to them. If collectors didn't have people to sell unwanted stuff to they wouldn't get money funds to buy new stuff and a lot of product that people ate looking for would go unseen and unavailable for purchase.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast