Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I a bad fan?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey considering they have 3 wins, are THE lowest scoring team in the NBA, and they've been competitive in only a handful of games i dont think anyone would judge you.

Here may be the best answer for ya.... You obviously were bothered enough to post a thread about it, so you feel guilty, and you yourself think you're being a bad fan.

I love Lopez and Harris and they have the two big pieces to the franchise, so the future is promising.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

Here is a perfect article for being a true fan:
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/...simmons/020227

Some examples:

Ding ding ding. We have a winner!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bcus28's Items on eBay

Living in NY and being a Knicks fan has been hard in recent years. Watched so many times being ahead in the 4th quarter (sometimes a big lead) and then blow the game. It's hard to watch man! I feel ya!

But yeah, I usually would just watch until the lead was blown and then change the channel, and then return when I thought the game was over (or close to it) just to confirm the loss :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes you are a bad fan! You should watch as many games as possible no matter how horrid they are!! That way one day you have stories of your team during their bad years. A big part of relationships is building memories good and bad!

I watched the Bulls during their "Dark Ages". You can enjoy the games more by betting on how much so and so (in my case Eddy Curry) is going to screw up during a game, or you can play drinking games, like take a drink every time someone doesn't jump for a rebound or takes a completely horrible shot.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See case_breaker_combine_shipping's Items on eBay

No you're not a bad fan, I am!
    After the Suns lost their 24 point lead last night, and then eventually lost the game I broke a Suns plaque I had and threw away some Suns cards!
    I told myself I cant watch them anymore while they're still blowing huge leads.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Here is a perfect article for being a true fan:
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/...simmons/020227

Some examples:

This article is perfect i agree with these especially

8. No hopping on and off the bandwagon during the season with the flip-flop, "I knew we were going to self-destruct! ... All right, we won six straight! ... I knew we wouldn't keep playing this well. ... I knew we would bounce back!" routine as the season drags along. Just for the record, this is probably my biggest fault as a sports fan -- I overreact to everything. I've already written off the Celtics three different times this season, and I've given up on Antoine Walker roughly 435 times over the past six years. Can I get some medication for this?

15. If your team defeats a good friend's team in a crucial game or series, don't rub it in with them unless they've been especially annoying/gloating/condescending/confrontational in the days leading up to the big battle. You're probably better off cutting off all communications in the days preceding/following the game, just to be safe.

Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sanjosefuji's Items on eBay

When it comes to basketball... my team is one of the best... but I still get frustrated. I think for me it's just part of being a fan. When the Lakers win, but play sloppy... I still get really frustrated... In fact, the only time I'm really happy and satisfied is when they are celebrating after their 4th win in the NBA Finals... outside of that... it's exciting, entertaining, but as you mentioned... also upsetting... and this is the only sport where my team is a winner. All of my other teams stink right now... so you can imagine how frustrated I get. But it's all worth it... because eventually the Seahawks will win a Super Bowl... the Sharks will skate around with the Stanley cup, and the Padres will win the World Series... EVENTUALLY!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12