Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See atomant989's Items on eBay

Nicest/Meanest NBA players you've met

I've never met any NBA players personally but my friends have and they told me what they thought. Wondered if anyone else has a story to tell.

Nice

Shaq - Has dinner with a kid who wrote him a bunch of fan letters every time he's in town.

Karl Malone - I heard a lot of mean stories about him but my friend met him at a volleyball game and he was nice and took pictures with them. Although she is kinda cute and on a college volleyball team so maybe he's just mean to dudes.

Mean

Tiger - I know he isn't an NBA player but my friend loves this dude and tried to meet him after a golf tournament but he completely ignored him straight up. I think he won too so no excuses.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

Haven't ever met any professional athlete, but it'll be interesting to read stories of those who have!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welp, here we go...

Shawn Marion - Very classy guy. He was very humble when I met him, although it was in 2001 and he was fairly young he was pretty cool to me.

Kevin Johnson(Suns) - Met him at a high school basketball game, and at the time he had an injured hammy but he just chit chatted for about 10 minutes before the game.

Football -

Larry Fitzgerald - Very cool guy. He is probably my favorite "celeb" I have ever met. He was so cool to me, he even autographed like 3 things for me. He even chit chatted for a bit just about random stuff.

Antrel Rolle - Alot of people were saying how rude he was at the time, when I saw him he was all by himself and people were kind of avoiding him so I went up to him and got a few auto's. Pretty cool guy...

I think that is it, also have gotten Kurt Warner's auto but wasnt too impressed with his bad attitude. Havent liked him since...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

Nice, Trevor! I have always liked Fitz as well...he went to high school less than 5 miles from where I used to live.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See atomant989's Items on eBay

trevorp121-
    dang. i wouldve thought warner would be nice. maybe caught him at a bad time

Blog Entries
    Country

Patrick Ewing - looked at me and then looked at a buncha kids next to me, and walked away

steve blake - jarvis hayes and larry hughes (then wizards) were signing stuff, even bobby jackson came over to sign stuff (this was at kings-wiz game) blake came over, looked over their shoulders, saw 5 kids stick out his glossy or the program with his page and he just walked away with a smirk

terrell brandon - NICE GUY...stood, signed and had a chat with me...

bobby phills - also nice guy, signed everything

karl malone - he was actually nice to me (btw, this was at a cavs-jazz game in 95) signed, patted me on the head and gave me his name card (still have it)

felton spencer - also nice guy..will sign everything

DANNY FERRY - GOOD GOD.....said "sorry guys, no time" ... and he was DOING NOTHING

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice
    Jason Thompson
    Carmelo Anthony
    Michael Beasley
    Kevin Love
    Joakim Noah

Mean
    Chris Paul- Me and my friend had him 2 on 1 hoping for an autograph and he pulled out his phone, called security, and ran away
    Ron Artest- Nuff said

SCF Rewards
    Country

trevorp121-
    dang. i wouldve thought warner would be nice. maybe caught him at a bad time

Probably was just having a bad day.

Another one I forgot was

Steve Kerr - I met him in SA when he was doing announcing after the game. Very cool guy, even chatted about U of A for a couple minutes.

Frank Johnson(Old Suns Assistant)- I went to a kids type of practice where he was a coach for a couple days. He was cool, except he kept calling me "Hey Polo", "Polo shoot it", "Polo pass it" and so on...pretty funny.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See case_breaker_combine_shipping's Items on eBay

Shawn Marion used to be a good friend of mine until he got traded from the Suns. Awesome guy!
    All of the Suns players are really cool, Amare has a record label out here and Ive chilled with him at a couple studios and clubs.
    Carmelo Anthony is another great guy.

Just stay away from the Gasol's those guys are jerks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I met Kurt Angle before. He portrays a jerk on television 99.9% of the time.... but in real life he's a CLASS ACT guy! The one thing I remember was that there was a handicapped kid there, and he was signing autographs and taking pictures, and he apparently saw this kid out of the corner of his eye. He got up right in the middle of the conversation, walked over to the kid and said (and I'll never forget this), "You are number one in my eyes kid." He stayed and talked to that kid and his family for what seemed like 30 minutes. Offered to let the kid hold the championship belt (he had it at that time). He even offered to pick the kid out of his wheelchair and do some posing with him in the ring. That just impressed me so much considering he was probably tired and had other things to do and be concerned about. So he gets an A+!

Another nice guy, but really had a tough time after college playing the pros. Eric Montross.... met him a couple of times.

* and I realize he's not an NBA player.... but he's an Athlete.. so figured i'd post.
    Last edited by RtdRSuperstar; 01-20-2010 at 03:25 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast