Thread: Relatively New To The Hobby

Relatively New To The Hobby

Hi, Im basically a newbie to this fun hobby. I've passively collected cards for about 10 years, but would like to step up and play with the big boys. I'm looking at improving my collection, which consists of cards primarily in the 92-97 time period, by buying Wax Boxes of the newer series. I was just wondering if someone could kindly refer me to a good Internet Based Sports Card Selling site that has a good inventory of Basketball(etc.)Wax Boxes from the 01-02,02-03,and 03-04 seasons. Where I live, there are ZERO Sports Cards Hobby stores so if Im to boost my collection, Im going to have to do so On Line. I've already familiarized myself with EBay, but would still like to know of a reputable Sports Card Shop on the Internet where I could make my purchases. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks....

My 1st Post! lol

2. Allgood (eBay Store)
    Hello 1Legacy,

Welcome to the forum! :D

The best place to start is probably ebay.

You can also click on the top banner and sign up with Naxcom which is a sports card market. Choose SportsCardForum from the dropdown list when prompted for who referred you and they will put $10 in your account for free within 72 hours.

As far as online shops go you can check out: (very large selection)
    one of our advertisers CWSportsCards (bottom banner). Not as big but Chad has great customer service.

Hope that helps,

Yeah, I've been making the rounds on these boards and saw the DACW site.... I checked it out, and it looked pretty good! I'll check out the banner, too. All Im looking for is a pretty good selection of boxes and a site thats easy to navigate, lol. Thanks for the help, and cool forum yo have here!

By the way, naturally the first thing Im looking at buying is anything Lebron James. If I could grab a presale of the 03-04 Upper Deck series that has rookies of Lebron James, Darko, Carmelo, Wade, Banks, etc. in it for $65 bucks, would that be a good buy?

When I always want to know a market price on an item, I search eBay and find out what others are paying for things. So go to eBay, search for 03-04 Upper Deck box and then click on the completed auctions link to see what they are going for.

i just came back to the hobby like 2 months ago i was out for like 5 years im only 17 but i started to buy boxes on ebay

charmcity has all the info about each product but dacw has better prices