Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

$1 million used to tout stimulus funds at work in Ohio

$1 million used to tout stimulus funds at work in Ohio

A state senator from Ohio says his state is spending $1 million on road signs to advertise the use of stimulus money for road projects. In other words, the state is using your money to tell you it's spending your money.

Sounds about right...this is what creating jobs for the sake of creating jobs breeds. If there's no market demand for jobs, you have to make something for them to do...why not have them make huge signs bragging about spending your money?

And we want another one of these? Really??

SCF Rewards
    Country

I understand money for road work but not the signs.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

This is the most wasteful government in my lifetime. It is frustrating because I have so many friends out of work or in a crappy temp job. Most are educated and great workers!

A million dollars could have been used to start two or three small businesses that could have employees several workers. Pathetic to say the least.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

yeah, that's completely wasteful. I wish they would have done a federal tax suspension and just let people have most of the money they earned. That way they could have spent it how they saw fit, but instead they need to use our money to gain favor for their jobs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

We would be in a better place if they would drop the current form of tax collecting and replacing it with the fair tax

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

agreed 100%. The fair tax seems like it would solve a lot of our economical issues not to mention save individuals and corporations vast amounts of money in tax preparation each year. That's the main reason I was hoping they'd do the tax holiday early last year when it was proposed. If people received there full check each month for the three months proposed it would probably do a ton to enlighten people about the FairTax.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The fair tax will never happen because it's, shocker, FAIR! The rich would still pay far more than their fair share, but no one would get a free ride any more. Trying to take away someone's free ride is the quickest way to kill your re-election hopes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The fair tax will never happen because it's, shocker, FAIR! The rich would still pay far more than their fair share, but no one would get a free ride any more. Trying to take away someone's free ride is the quickest way to kill your re-election hopes.

Everyone pays the same under the fair tax. Even people who are not Americans, and only here on vacation, will pay the same as we do.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Everyone will pay the same rate, but rich people buy more stuff than poor people, so they will be paying more total taxes. So they will still supply the majority of tax revenue, but everyone will be paying at the same rate (which is how it should be). So I guess it's not more than their fair share, but it is still much more in total than the poor would pay.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dude, I'm agreeing with you. All I did was point out more reasons why it's an awesome tax system. Heck, even a crack head could make 50k a year under it. However, the government will not allow it because we take away the government's power.